W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > July 2014

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 31/7/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 16:29:32 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CFFEDBF5.20C7E%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 120m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

We will have a short break after 57 minutes due to being human beings and having a limited ability to concentrate for a long stretch without needing a brief change of scene, extra coffee, biscuits etc.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140619T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140710T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140717T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140724T10&p1=43> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140731T10&p1=43


Thursdays 10:03am-12:00pm Boston local

Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: [to assign during meeting]

Regrets:

Activity since last meeting: Actions: Action-305, Action-308; discussion of issues: Issue-314, Issue-326; Issues raised: Issue-329, Issue-330; Geneva F2F survey responses.

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting

Check-point for order of topics  I'd suggest:
1. Geneva F2F September
2. MPEG liaison re MIME Codecs parameter, if we're quorate on this topic
3. Action Items.
4. Issues - pending review first, then open and discussed, then raised, then open on IMSC 1 but not discussed
5. Planning for next change proposals to work on
6. AOB  please notify now!

Reminder re future meetings as agreed last week:

July 31: 2 hours
August 7: 1 hour
August 14: 2 hours
August 21: 1 hour
August 28: cancelled

Agenda+ Geneva F2F September

ACTION-295<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295/edit>     open    Socialise the geneva f2f meeting amongst the webvtt community<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295>     David Singer    2014-06-05



Survey created at [1], should now be open to TTWG and TTCG members.
Please complete this survey even if you will not attend.

There have been some responses from attendees this week, still only one from a WebVTT expert.

Wiki page at [2] including draft agenda

Agenda+ MPEG liaison re MIME Codecs parameter

ISSUE-305<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305/edit>
Profile short names     PENDING REVIEW  Register of TTML profiles and short names<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>  2014-05-01              1       Timed Text Working Group<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/>

ISSUE-280<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280/edit>
nested-profiles CLOSED  Add ability to define a profile from multiple profiles.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280>    2013-09-06      TTML2   0

ACTION-284<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284/edit>     closed  Create the registry page<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284>  Glenn Adams     2014-05-01


ACTION-290<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290/edit>       open    Describe the history for how we got to the signalling needed for mpeg that came from dece for issue-305.<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290>   Mike Dolan      2014-05-29



Liaison in mail archive at [3] and text reproduced in ACTION-282. Response at [4].

Agenda+ Action items pending review

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-305<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/305>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/305/edit>     pending review  Assign priorities to change proposals owned by pal<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/305>        Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2014-07-24
ACTION-306<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/306>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/306/edit>     pending review  Assign priorities to change proposals owned by jdsmith<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/306>    Jerry Smith     2014-07-24
ACTION-308<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/308>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/308/edit>     pending review  Create follow-up issue from issue-313<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/308>     Nigel Megitt    2014-07-31      Is Presented Region a synonym for temporally active region?<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/330>



Agenda+ Action items overdue and due next week

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-234<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234/edit>     open    Explore box-decoration-break in response to issue-286<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234>     Glenn Adams     2014-04-01
ACTION-236<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236/edit>     open    Review consistent use of "root temporal extent" in both ttml 2 and ttml 1 se<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236>      Glenn Adams     2014-04-01
ACTION-285<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/285>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/285/edit>     open    Implement proposed errata in issue-304<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/285>    Glenn Adams     2014-05-01      Non-Standard Unqualified Attributes<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/304>
ACTION-286<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286/edit>     open    Send an email to public-tt describing the ttv hosting site at w3c<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286> Glenn Adams     2014-05-01
ACTION-287<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287/edit>     open    Elaborate on wording in 4 on namespace extension in ttml2 and as an errata to ttml1<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287>      Glenn Adams     2014-05-08

ACTION-298<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298/edit>     open    Either proscribe or define semantics on specifying both @extends and @restricts on a ttp:{feature,ext3ension}<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298>     Glenn Adams     2014-06-12
ACTION-304<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/304>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/304/edit>     open    Assign priorities to change proposals owned by glenn<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/304>      Glenn Adams     2014-07-24
ACTION-307<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/307>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/307/edit>     open    Assign priorities to change proposals owned by mdolan<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/307>     Mike Dolan      2014-07-24

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-309<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/309>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/309/edit>     open    Propose a timeline for ttml 2 fpwd<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/309>        Nigel Megitt    2014-07-31

Agenda+ Issues pending review, discussed, raised over the past week and open on IMSC 1

Pending Review
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-263<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263/edit>        PENDING REVIEW  profile feature set may not match intended feature constraints<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263>     2013-07-17      TTML Simple Delivery Profile for Closed Captions (US)   0
ISSUE-323<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/323>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/323/edit>
Content Processor behaviour is normative        PENDING REVIEW  Content Processor behaviour is normative<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/323>   2014-07-09      TTML2   0

Discussed over the last week
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-314<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314/edit>
Temporally active is not defined for regions    OPEN    Temporally active is not defined for regions<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314>       2014-05-21      TTML 1.0        0
ISSUE-326<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/326>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/326/edit>        OPEN    definitions do not use shall, uses of definitions may use shall<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/326>    2014-07-17      TTML IMSC 1.0   0

The following issues are 'raised' and in the absence of contrary debate will be moved to Open in this meeting:
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-329<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/329>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/329/edit>
Implement Change Proposal 5     RAISED  Implement the mapping information in change proposal 5<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/329>     2014-07-25      TTML2   0
ISSUE-330<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/330>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/330/edit>
Is Presented Region a synonym for temporally active region?     RAISED  Is Presented Region a synonym for temporally active region?<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/330>        2014-07-28      TTML IMSC 1.0   0



We extended the duration of this meeting in recognition of the slow progress on IMSC 1 issues. The following issues are Open on IMSC 1:
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-307<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307/edit>
Profile and conformance terminology     OPEN    Conformance language and processor profile rather than content profile.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307>    2014-05-02      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-310<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/310>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/310/edit>
progressivelyDecodable needs hierarchical definition    OPEN    Forward reference rule doesn't take into account child elements<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/310>    2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-311<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/311>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/311/edit>
Note on progressivelyDecodable  OPEN    Note on progressivelyDecodable is not a sentence<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/311>   2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-312<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312/edit>
forcedDisplay should be in ttm  OPEN    forcedDisplay attribute is metadata so should be in ttm not tts namespace<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312>  2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-315<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315/edit>
Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint      OPEN    Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315> 2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-319<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319/edit>
HRM should be a processor compliance test       OPEN    HRM should be a processor compliance test and allow different levels of complexity for different use cases<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319> 2014-05-23      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-327<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327/edit>
IMSC should meet W3C QA Framework Spec guidelines       OPEN    IMSC should meet W3C QA Framework Spec guidelines<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327>  2014-07-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0

Agenda+ Change Proposals  progress and review

Change Proposal Index is at [5]. Priorities have yet to be assigned by Glenn and Mike (see actions above).

Change Proposal 2 [6] is now CLOSED-IMPLEMENTED.

Timeline updated in 13th Mar meeting. This isn't looking very realistic right now:
January-March: Clean up and complete CPs
April-July: Draft, iterate and edit solutions to CP issues <-- We're still here!
August: Last Call

Agenda+ AOB


References

[1] WBS Survey for Geneva F2F https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TTWG_Geneva_F2F_Planning/
[2] Geneva F2F wiki page with draft agenda https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/geneva2014
[3] MPEG Liaison re Codecs parameter http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Apr/0005.html
[4] W3C response to MPEG Liaison re Codecs parameter http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Apr/0025.html
[5] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex
[6] Change Proposal 2 https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal002
Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML
Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
Received on Wednesday, 30 July 2014 16:30:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:16 UTC