W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > July 2014

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 10/7/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 15:11:58 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CFE31A46.1FC3D%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140619T10&p1=43> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140710T10&p1=43


Thursdays 10:03am-12:00pm Boston local

Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: [to assign during meeting]

Regrets:

Activity since last meeting: Issue-309 discussion, Issue-312 discussion,  TTML2 edits:  Issue-323 and Issue-324 raised

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest:
1. Geneva F2F September
2. MIME codecs parameter if we're quorate on this topic
3. Actions,
4. Issues - pending review first, then open and discussed, then raised
5. Planning for next change proposals to work on
6. AOB

Agenda+ Geneva F2F September


ACTION-294<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/294>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/294/edit>     pending review  Create a sign-up wbs survey for geneva.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/294>   Nigel Megitt    2014-06-05


ACTION-295<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295/edit>     open    Socialise the geneva f2f meeting amongst the webvtt community<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295>     David Singer    2014-06-05



Survey created at [1], should now be open to TTWG and TTCG members.
Please complete this survey even if you will not attend.

Agenda+ MPEG liaison re MIME Codecs parameter

ISSUE-305<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305/edit>
Profile short names     PENDING REVIEW  Register of TTML profiles and short names<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>  2014-05-01              1       Timed Text Working Group<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/>

ISSUE-280<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280/edit>
nested-profiles CLOSED  Add ability to define a profile from multiple profiles.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280>    2013-09-06      TTML2   0

ACTION-284<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284/edit>     closed  Create the registry page<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284>  Glenn Adams     2014-05-01


ACTION-290<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290/edit>       open    Describe the history for how we got to the signalling needed for mpeg that came from dece for issue-305.<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290>   Mike Dolan      2014-05-29



Liaison in mail archive at [2] and text reproduced in ACTION-282. Response at [3].

Agenda+ Action items pending review

ACTION-302<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/302>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/302/edit>     pending review  Re-review issue-313<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/302>       Nigel Megitt    2014-06-26      Presented Region is informative only<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/313>
ACTION-303<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/303>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/303/edit>     pending review  Add priority column to change proposal index<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/303>      Nigel Megitt    2014-06-26



Agenda+ Action items overdue

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-207<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/207>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/207/edit>     open    Add round-down clarification to "closest" language, see issue-259<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/207> Glenn Adams     2014-04-01
ACTION-234<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234/edit>     open    Explore box-decoration-break in response to issue-286<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234>     Glenn Adams     2014-04-01
ACTION-236<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236/edit>     open    Review consistent use of "root temporal extent" in both ttml 2 and ttml 1 se<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236>      Glenn Adams     2014-04-01
ACTION-258<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/258>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/258/edit>     open    Work with pal to resolve edits needed for issue-259 comments<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/258>      Glenn Adams     2014-04-01
ACTION-285<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/285>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/285/edit>     open    Implement proposed errata in issue-304<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/285>    Glenn Adams     2014-05-01      Non-Standard Unqualified Attributes<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/304>
ACTION-286<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286/edit>     open    Send an email to public-tt describing the ttv hosting site at w3c<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286> Glenn Adams     2014-05-01
ACTION-287<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287/edit>     open    Elaborate on wording in §4 on namespace extension in ttml2 and as an errata to ttml1<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287>      Glenn Adams     2014-05-08

ACTION-296<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/296>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/296/edit>     open    Define default for @validationaction to be warn if @validation is optional; otherwise, default is abort<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/296>   Glenn Adams     2014-06-12
ACTION-298<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298/edit>     open    Either proscribe or define semantics on specifying both @extends and @restricts on a ttp:{feature,ext3ension}<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298>     Glenn Adams     2014-06-12
ACTION-301<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/301>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/301/edit>     open    Contact w3c accessibility expert re issue-309<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/301>     Philippe Le Hégaret     2014-06-26

Agenda+ Issues pending review, discussed and raised over the past week

ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-263<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263/edit>        PENDING REVIEW  profile feature set may not match intended feature constraints<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263>     2013-07-17      TTML Simple Delivery Profile for Closed Captions (US)   0
ISSUE-309<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/309>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/309/edit>
Image profile fails WCAG 1.2    PENDING REVIEW  Image profile needs to permit text equivalent<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/309>      2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-313<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/313>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/313/edit>
Presented Region is informative only    OPEN    Presented Region section is informative only<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/313>       2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-316<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/316>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/316/edit>
Wording of 5.2  PENDING REVIEW  Wording of 5.2 doesn't make sense<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/316>  2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0


ISSUE-312<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312/edit>
forcedDisplay should be in ttm  OPEN    forcedDisplay attribute is metadata so should be in ttm not tts namespace<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/312>  2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-323<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/323>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/323/edit>
Content Processor behaviour is normative        RAISED  Content Processor behaviour is normative<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/323>   2014-07-09      TTML2   0


ISSUE-324<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/324>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/324/edit>
Prefer end to dur on generated out-of-line regions      RAISED  Prefer end to dur on generated out-of-line regions<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/324> 2014-07-09      TTML2   0

Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review

Change Proposal 2 [5] has been edited in line with last week's discussion – do edits to TTML2 now allow closure (allowing for some resolution to issue-324)?

Change Proposal Index is at [4].
Which Change Proposals would owners like to progress next? There are 20 open CPs.

Timeline updated in 13th Mar meeting:
January-March: Clean up and complete CPs
April-July: Draft, iterate and edit solutions to CP issues
August: Last Call

Agenda+ AOB


References

[1] WBS Survey for Geneva F2F https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TTWG_Geneva_F2F_Planning/
[2] MPEG Liaison re Codecs parameter http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Apr/0005.html
[3] W3C response to MPEG Liaison re Codecs parameter http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Apr/0025.html
[4] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex
[5] Change Proposal 2 https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal002
Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML
Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
Received on Wednesday, 9 July 2014 15:12:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:16 UTC