From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org<mailto:chris@w3.org>>
Date: 8 July 2014 14:14:57 BST
To: <chairs@w3.org<mailto:chairs@w3.org>>
Subject: RFC 7303 (replaces RFC 3023) XML Media Types

Hello Chairs,

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7303

        Title:      XML Media Types
        Author:     H. Thompson, C. Lilley
        Date:       July 2014
        Mailbox:    ht@inf.ed.ac.uk<mailto:ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>,
                    chris@w3.org<mailto:chris@w3.org>
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 77654
        Obsoletes:  RFC 3023
        Updates:    RFC 6839

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-10.txt

This specification standardizes three media types -- application/xml,
application/xml-external-parsed-entity, and application/xml-dtd --
for use in exchanging network entities that are related to the
Extensible Markup Language (XML) while defining text/xml and text/
xml-external-parsed-entity as aliases for the respective application/
types.  This specification also standardizes the '+xml' suffix for
naming media types outside of these five types when those media types
represent XML MIME entities.

This document is a product of the Applications Area Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

--
Best regards,