W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > August 2014

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 21/8/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 16:43:41 +0000
To: TTWG <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D01A8EC8.10533%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140619T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140710T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140717T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140724T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140731T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140807T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140815T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140814T10&p1=43> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140821T10&p1=43


Thursdays 10:03am-11:00pm Boston local

Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc


Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: [to assign during meeting]

Regrets:

Activity since last meeting:
Actions: Action-319 (IMSC 1 timeline liaisons), Action-323;
Issues discussed: Issue-310, Issue-330, Issue-333;
Issues raised: Issue-335, Issue-336, Issue-337;
Geneva F2F survey closed; attendee details added; agenda change proposed;
WAI/PF Accessibility Requirements discussed on reflector.

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest:
1. Geneva F2F September
2. Action Items.
3. Issues - pending review first, then open and discussed, then open on IMSC 1 but not discussed
4. Planning for next change proposals to work on
5. AOB – please notify now!

Reminder re future meetings as agreed last week:

August 21: 1 hour
August 28: cancelled

Further ahead:

September 4th: TTWG phone meeting: ? Hours
September 5th: all issues to have been raised on IMSC 1 ED.
September 11th: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour (regrets from Glenn and Mike)
September 18th: cancelled - just after our Geneva F2F
W/C September 22nd: TTML2 FPWD
September 25th: TTWG phone meeting: 2 Hours

Agenda+ Geneva F2F September

Survey created at [1], should now closed.
Can we confirm as a resolution that we will proceed with this meeting?
If so, agenda discussion needs to follow – we have limited time today given the actions and issues so this is a kick-off rather than a concluding discussion.

Wiki page at [2] including draft agenda – now with accommodation and flights section.

Agenda proposal from Pierre for 9am-midday on day 2 to resolve blocking IMSC 1 issues.


Agenda+ Action items pending review

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-319<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/319>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/319/edit>     pending review  Draft liaisons to relevant organisations for imsc 1 timeline<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/319>      Nigel Megitt    2014-08-21      TTML IMSC 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/7>
ACTION-323<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/323>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/323/edit>     pending review  Update issue-263 to target product ttml2 and open a new one on sdp-us.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/323>    Nigel Megitt    2014-08-21      ISSUE-263<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263>



Agenda+ Action items due next week

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-320<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/320>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/320/edit>     open    Review https://www.w3.org/wiki/ttml/codecsregistry w.r.t. recent ttml2 changes in profile definition mechanisms<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/320>   Glenn Adams     2014-08-21
ACTION-322<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/322>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/322/edit>     open    Indicate preference for updating sdp-us for ttml2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/322> Jerry Smith     2014-08-21
ACTION-324<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/324>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/324/edit>     open    Draft a note for imsc 1 progressivelydecodable to make concrete what authors should take into account<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/324>     Glenn Adams     2014-08-21

Agenda+ Issues pending review, discussed, raised over the past week and open on IMSC 1

Pending Review
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-305<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305/edit>
Profile short names     PENDING REVIEW  Registry of TTML profiles and short names<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>  2014-05-01              1
ISSUE-334<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/334>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/334/edit>        PENDING REVIEW  Misuse of style property characteristics with ttp:progressivelyDecodable<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/334>   2014-08-13      TTML IMSC 1.0   0

Issues Discussed:
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-303<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/303>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/303/edit>
<a> link element        OPEN    Permit HTML-style <a> elements to contain href links<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/303>       2014-03-21      TTML2   0
ISSUE-310<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/310>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/310/edit>
progressivelyDecodable needs hierarchical definition    OPEN    Forward reference rule doesn't take into account child elements<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/310>    2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0

Issues Raised:
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-335<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/335>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/335/edit>
Negative times for offsets      RAISED  In order to handle offsets between start time in TTML docs and start time in video, allow negative times to be used in fragment begin times.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/335>       2014-08-14      TTML.next       0
ISSUE-336<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/336>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/336/edit>
aspectRatio syntax      RAISED  Syntax definition missing from ittp:aspectRatio<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/336>    2014-08-14      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-337<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/337>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/337/edit>
Update for TTML2        RAISED  Update SDP-US for TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/337>    2014-08-15      TTML Simple Delivery Profile for Closed Captions (US)   0



We have a limited timescale for working on IMSC 1, as previously agreed. The following issues are currently also Open on IMSC 1:
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-307<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307/edit>
Profile and conformance terminology     OPEN    Conformance language and processor profile rather than content profile.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307>    2014-05-02      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-315<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315/edit>
Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint      OPEN    Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315> 2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-319<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319/edit>
HRM should be a processor compliance test       OPEN    HRM should be a processor compliance test and allow different levels of complexity for different use cases<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319> 2014-05-23      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-327<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327/edit>
IMSC should meet W3C QA Framework Spec guidelines       OPEN    IMSC should meet W3C QA Framework Spec guidelines<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327>  2014-07-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-332<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332/edit>
#cellResolution support OPEN    #cellResolution support<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332>    2014-08-07      TTML IMSC 1.0   0

Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review

Change Proposal Index is at [3].

Our current priority 1 CPs are:
1       OPEN    1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   Amendments to the set attribute<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001>
5       OPEN    1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
12      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Profile fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal012>
15      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
16      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Conditional<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal016>
17      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
19      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
24      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   XML fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal024>
25      OPEN    1       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>

Timeline for TTML2 updated in 14th August meeting.

W/C 22 September: TTML2 FPWD
Wednesday 8 October: closure date for issues on TTML2 - any new feature issues beyond this point to be addressed after LC or in v.next.
Thursday 20th November: all issues on TTML2 to be closed or deliberately postponed (to v.next or LC review stage).
Wednesday 17th December: Last Call doc ready to request for publication.

Agenda+ AOB


References

[1] WBS Survey for Geneva F2F https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TTWG_Geneva_F2F_Planning/

[2] Geneva F2F wiki page with draft agenda https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/geneva2014

[3] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex

Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText


Received on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 16:44:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:17 UTC