W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > August 2014

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 14/8/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 16:31:24 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D011516A.FD02%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 120m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

We will have a short break after 57 minutes due to being human beings and having a limited ability to concentrate for a long stretch without needing a brief change of scene, extra coffee, biscuits etc.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140619T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140710T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140717T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140724T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140731T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140807T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140815T10&p1=43> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140814T10&p1=43

Thursdays 10:03am-12:00pm Boston local

Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: [to assign during meeting]

Regrets:

Activity since last meeting:
Actions: Action-295, Action-309, Action-313;
Issues discussed: Issue-310, Issue-330, Issue-333;
Issues raised: Issue-334;
Geneva F2F attendee details;
TTML2 publication timeline proposal;
Change Proposal 25 details added, Change Proposal 28 raised.

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest:
1. Geneva F2F September
2. Timeline for TTML2 publications
3. MPEG liaison re MIME Codecs parameter, if we're quorate on this topic
4. Action Items.
5. Issues - pending review first, then open and discussed, then open on IMSC 1 but not discussed
6. Planning for next change proposals to work on
7. Change Proposals changed and added this week
8. AOB – please notify now!

Reminder re future meetings as agreed last week:

August 14: 2 hours
August 21: 1 hour
August 28: cancelled

Further ahead:

September 4th: TTWG phone meeting: ? Hours
September 5th: all issues to be raised on IMSC 1 ED.
September 11th: TTWG phone meeting: clashes with IBC, all okay to go ahead?
September 18th: propose to cancel TTWG phone meeting; just after our Geneva F2F
September 25th: TTWG phone meeting: ? Hours

Agenda+ Geneva F2F September

Survey created at [1], should now be open to TTWG and TTCG members.
Please complete this survey even if you will not attend. The survey closes 1 day after this meeting, on 15th August.

Wiki page at [2] including draft agenda – now with accommodation and flights section.

By the way, TPAC registration is open, but the registration form has not yet been updated to reflect our decision to meet on the Tuesday (as well as the Monday, which is listed).

Agenda+ Timeline for TTML2 publications

Proposed timeline:
* Week commencing 22nd September: publish TTML2 editor’s draft as a FPWD.
* Wednesday 8th October: ‘last issues' closure date for TTML2 – any new feature issues beyond this point to be addressed after LC or in v.next.
* Thursday 20th November: all issues on TTML2 to be closed or deliberately postponed (to v.next or LC review stage). This is 3 weeks after TPAC, to allow time for any resolutions made in TPAC to be implemented and reviewed.
* Wednesday 17th December: Last Call doc ready to request for publication.

Agenda+ MPEG liaison re MIME Codecs parameter

ISSUE-305<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305/edit>
Profile short names     PENDING REVIEW  Register of TTML profiles and short names<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>  2014-05-01              1       Timed Text Working Group<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/>

ISSUE-280<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280/edit>
nested-profiles CLOSED  Add ability to define a profile from multiple profiles.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/280>    2013-09-06      TTML2   0

ACTION-284<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284/edit>     closed  Create the registry page<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/284>  Glenn Adams     2014-05-01


ACTION-290<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290/edit>       open    Describe the history for how we got to the signalling needed for mpeg that came from dece for issue-305.<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290>   Mike Dolan      2014-05-29



Liaison in mail archive at [3] and text reproduced in ACTION-282. Response at [4].

Agenda+ Action items pending review

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-295<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295/edit>     pending review  Socialise the geneva f2f meeting amongst the webvtt community<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/295>     David Singer    2014-06-05
ACTION-309<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/309>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/309/edit>     pending review  Propose a timeline for ttml 2 fpwd<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/309>        Nigel Megitt    2014-08-14      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-313<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/313>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/313/edit>     pending review  Create erratum for issue-314<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/313>      Glenn Adams     2014-08-07

Agenda+ Action items overdue and due next week

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-290<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290/edit>     open    Describe the history for how we got to the signalling needed for mpeg that came from dece for issue-305.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/290>  Mike Dolan      2014-05-29
ACTION-307<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/307>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/307/edit>     open    Assign priorities to change proposals owned by mdolan<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/307>     Mike Dolan      2014-07-24
ACTION-311<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/311>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/311/edit>     open    Check with mdolan on status of issue-263 and issue-305 etc<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/311>        Nigel Megitt    2014-08-07


Agenda+ Issues pending review, discussed, raised over the past week and open on IMSC 1

Pending Review
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-263<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263/edit>        PENDING REVIEW  profile feature set may not match intended feature constraints<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263>     2013-07-17      TTML Simple Delivery Profile for Closed Captions (US)   0
ISSUE-311<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/311>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/311/edit>
Note on progressivelyDecodable  PENDING REVIEW  Note on progressivelyDecodable is not a sentence<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/311>   2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-330<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/330>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/330/edit>
Is Presented Region a synonym for temporally active region?     PENDING REVIEW  Is Presented Region a synonym for temporally active region?<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/330>        2014-07-28      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-334<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/334>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/334/edit>        PENDING REVIEW  Misuse of style property characteristics with ttp:progressivelyDecodable<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/334>   2014-08-13      TTML IMSC 1.0   0

Issues Discussed:
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-288<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/288>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/288/edit>
Document Segmentation   OPEN    Rules for splitting and accumulating documents<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/288>     2013-10-23      TTML2   0
ISSUE-307<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307/edit>
Profile and conformance terminology     OPEN    Conformance language and processor profile rather than content profile.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307>    2014-05-02      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-310<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/310>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/310/edit>
progressivelyDecodable needs hierarchical definition    OPEN    Forward reference rule doesn't take into account child elements<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/310>    2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-315<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315/edit>
Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint      OPEN    Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315> 2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-319<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319/edit>
HRM should be a processor compliance test       OPEN    HRM should be a processor compliance test and allow different levels of complexity for different use cases<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319> 2014-05-23      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-332<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332/edit>
#cellResolution support OPEN    #cellResolution support<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332>    2014-08-07      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-333<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/333>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/333/edit>        OPEN    use of application default frameRateMultipler, subFrameRate<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/333>        2014-08-08      TTML 1.0        0

We have a limited timescale for working on IMSC 1, as previously agreed. The following issues are currently also Open on IMSC 1:
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-327<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327/edit>
IMSC should meet W3C QA Framework Spec guidelines       OPEN    IMSC should meet W3C QA Framework Spec guidelines<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327>  2014-07-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0


Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review

Change Proposal Index is at [5]. Priorities have yet to be assigned by Mike for CP24 (see actions above).

Our current priority 1 CPs are:
1       OPEN    1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   Amendments to the set attribute<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001>
5       OPEN    1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
12      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Profile fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal012>
15      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
16      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Conditional<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal016>
17      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
19      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
25      OPEN    1       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>
Timeline updated in 13th Mar meeting. This isn't looking very realistic right now, but see proposed new timeline for TTML2, above:
January-March: Clean up and complete CPs
April-July: Draft, iterate and edit solutions to CP issues <-- We're still here!
August: Last Call

Change Proposal 25 Distribution: proposal added for extending scope of xml:id across multiple documents with an algorithm to allow two input documents to be combined resulting in a valid output document whose ids are still conformant.

Change Proposal 28 Profile refactoring (IMSC 1): proposal added for refactoring IMSC 1 to add a third profile not constrained in complexity.

Agenda+ AOB


References

[1] WBS Survey for Geneva F2F https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TTWG_Geneva_F2F_Planning/
[2] Geneva F2F wiki page with draft agenda https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/geneva2014
[3] MPEG Liaison re Codecs parameter http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Apr/0005.html
[4] W3C response to MPEG Liaison re Codecs parameter http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Apr/0025.html
[5] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex
Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML
Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
Received on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 16:32:01 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:17 UTC