W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > November 2013

{minutes} 21/11/13 TTWG Meeting

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 16:32:04 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CEB3E56C.14CF7%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Available at: http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-tt-minutes.html


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

21 Nov 2013

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-tt-irc

Attendees

   Present
          nigel, Mike, [Microsoft], Plh, mijordan

   Regrets
          Michael_Jordan, Frans_de_Jong, Cyril_Concolato,
          Thierry_Michel, Andreas_Tai, Glenn, Adams

   Chair
          nigel

   Scribe
          nigel

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]IANA Registration
         2. [5]TTML WG Liaison from the EBU MIM-XMLSubs Group
         3. [6]AOB
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 21 November 2013

   <glenn> yes

   <scribe> scribeNick: nigel

   action-88?

   <trackbot> action-88 -- Mike Dolan to Make sure the TTML media
   type is properly registered for Issue-175. -- due 2013-10-31 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [8]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/88

      [8] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/88

   mike: We have closure on wording, need to communicate to IANA.
   Need to know who the contact is and how to respond.
   ... Last time it was just an email exchange.

   <scribe> ACTION: plh to tell mike contact details for
   proceeding with IANA registration [recorded in
   [9]http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-tt-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-245 - Tell mike contact details for
   proceeding with iana registration [on Philippe Le Hégaret - due
   2013-11-28].

   [10]http://www.w3.org/2013/10/timed-text-charter.html

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2013/10/timed-text-charter.html

   [11]http://www.w3.org/2013/11/ttml-charter-diff.html

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2013/11/ttml-charter-diff.html

   mike: please could you summarise TTWG at TPAC?

   jdsmith: +1

   [12]http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/tpac

     [12] http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/tpac

   nigel: above is agenda, with links to minutes
   ... summarises TPAC meeting

   <scribe> ACTION: nigel to take deliverables of draft charter to
   TAG for scrutiny [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-tt-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-246 - Take deliverables of draft
   charter to tag for scrutiny [on Nigel Megitt - due 2013-11-28].

   plh: dsinger is addressing WebVTT licensing issues, which may
   delay charter.
   ... part of the issue is that the WebVTT documents were created
   under a different license

   mike: will take up the licence issue with dsinger directly.

   action-241?

   <trackbot> action-241 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to Edit charter by
   next tuesday -- due 2013-11-22 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [14]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/241

     [14] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/241

   close action-241

   <trackbot> Closed action-241.

   action-242?

   <trackbot> action-242 -- Nigel Megitt to Action mark_vickers to
   ask ig to provide input in external groups list in new charter
   -- due 2013-11-22 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [15]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/242

     [15] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/242

   plh: contact Dan Appleqvist directly (the chair) with precise
   details of what we're asking TAG to do and provide.
   ... What kind of technical feedback would you like from TAG for
   the charter.

   <plh> Daniel Appelquist, Peter Linss

   <plh> [16]https://www.w3.org/Member/Mail/

     [16] https://www.w3.org/Member/Mail/

IANA Registration

   action-245?

   <trackbot> action-245 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to Tell mike
   contact details for proceeding with iana registration -- due
   2013-11-28 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/245

     [17] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/245

   plh: thought Mike already had the contact details.
   ... will forward the original email request or provide the
   information here.

   action-223?

   <trackbot> action-223 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to Find iana
   tracking number for resubmit of mime type registration -- due
   2013-10-24 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/223

     [18] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/223

   close action-223

   <trackbot> Closed action-223.

   close action-226

   <trackbot> Closed action-226.

   action-227?

   <trackbot> action-227 -- Nigel Megitt to Inform plh when
   issue(s) filed in order to coordinate -- due 2013-11-07 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [19]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/227

     [19] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/227

   close action-227

   <trackbot> Closed action-227.

   <plh> mike, email address is iana-mime@iana.org

   action-229?

   <trackbot> action-229 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to Answer the ebu
   liaison letter -- due 2013-11-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [20]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/229

     [20] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/229

   <plh> use [IANA #711352] at the start of the subject header

   close action-229

   <trackbot> Closed action-229.

   action-235?

   <trackbot> action-235 -- Nigel Megitt to Post ebu input
   document re: issue-288 -- due 2013-11-18 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/235

     [21] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/235

   Document now available via email at
   [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2013Nov/0026.
   html

     [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2013Nov/0026.html

   close action-235

   <trackbot> Closed action-235.

   <plh> action-239?

   <trackbot> action-239 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Raise this
   issue -- due 2013-11-22 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [23]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/239

     [23] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/239

   mike: requests that the issue is codified better

   plh: notes that it's for pal to codify, as part of the action

   action-240?

   <trackbot> action-240 -- David Singer to Consider the problem
   of the license change from cg to wg, with the ac and ab and
   staff -- due 2013-11-22 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [24]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/240

     [24] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/240

   nigel: action open as philippe mentioned before, nothing to add
   at this point. Action is in progress.

   action-243?

   <trackbot> action-243 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Edit
   dsinger's proposed wording which captures the intent. -- due
   2013-11-22 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [25]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/243

     [25] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/243

   <scribe> ACTION: nigel to send text version of TPAC minutes to
   public list - tracker will then combine the issues and actions
   and associate them automatically. [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-tt-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-247 - Send text version of tpac
   minutes to public list - tracker will then combine the issues
   and actions and associate them automatically. [on Nigel Megitt
   - due 2013-11-28].

   action-244?

   <trackbot> action-244 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Proceed with
   work to investigate deltas. if time doesn't allow the fallback
   is to remove annex a. -- due 2013-11-22 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [27]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/244

     [27] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/244

   nigel: Glenn sent regrets until Dec 5 so passing over actions
   assigned to him

   action-164?

   <trackbot> action-164 -- Jerry Smith to Investigate interop
   issues using CSS familyName constructs -- due 2013-06-06 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [28]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/164

     [28] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/164

   jdsmith: is there any further info?

   plh: action raised by sean, passed to Jerry

   jdsmith: requests assistance on this action, to understand what
   it's about.

   <plh> Mike: we're not using the unicode escape from CSS. does
   it present an issue in TTML?

   <plh> Jerry: I'll look into it

   action-222?

   <trackbot> action-222 -- Mike Dolan to Check on receipt of iso
   liaison, re: parts 12 and 30 of 14496 -- due 2013-10-31 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [29]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/222

     [29] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/222

   <plh> action-222?

   <trackbot> action-222 -- Mike Dolan to Check on receipt of iso
   liaison, re: parts 12 and 30 of 14496 -- due 2013-10-31 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [30]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/222

     [30] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/222

   mike: thinks liaison went to Chris
   ... one liaison was posted directly to Web and TV IG
   ... Will take this action
   ... documents need to be published to the non-public (member)
   group d-list
   ... cover letter can be made public but draft standards can not
   be.

   plh: will do so.

   mike: can find email and resend

   action-228?

   <trackbot> action-228 -- Nigel Megitt to Coordinate with david
   singer re: vtt agenda items. -- due 2013-11-07 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [31]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/228

     [31] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/228

   close action-228

   <trackbot> Closed action-228.

   action-231?

   <trackbot> action-231 -- Nigel Megitt to Find out which group
   within dvb we should target -- due 2013-11-07 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [32]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/231

     [32] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/231

   close action-231

   <trackbot> Closed action-231.

   issue-298?

   <trackbot> issue-298 -- Permit reuse of animation constructs by
   allowing multiple content elements to reference same
   out-of-line animation declaration -- raised

   <trackbot>
   [33]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/298

     [33] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/298

   <plh> action-239?

   <trackbot> action-239 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Raise issue
   on permit reuse of animation construct(s) by allowing multiple
   content elements to reference same out-of-line animation
   declaration -- due 2013-11-22 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [34]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/239

     [34] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/239

   <mike> IANA replied to by email

   nigel: adds note to issue to state it was raised due to
   action-239

   <mike> ISO liaison emailed to PLH and Nigel - close 222

   action-239: raised as issue-209

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-239 Raise issue on permit
   reuse of animation construct(s) by allowing multiple content
   elements to reference same out-of-line animation declaration.

   close action-239

   <trackbot> Closed action-239.

   action-222: plh to send to members list

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-222 Check on receipt of iso
   liaison, re: parts 12 and 30 of 14496.

   action-222: plh has done this

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-222 Check on receipt of iso
   liaison, re: parts 12 and 30 of 14496.

   close action-222

   <trackbot> Closed action-222.

   <plh>
   [35]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2013Nov/0000
   .html

     [35] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2013Nov/0000.html

   agendum 3?

   nigel: raises face to face meeting topic

   mike: we've discussed a transformation between TTML and VTT,
   but we haven't discussed the use cases and requirements for
   co-habitation.
   ... I don't think everyone everywhere needs to deal with both
   standards. Some environments are better suited by one or the
   other.
   ... Before discussing mappings we need to consider use case and
   requirements for each - we may find that all mappings (both
   directions) are not needed or there could be an HTML5
   compatibility solution

   nigel: agrees

   plh: What's driving W3C in this mapping is to ensure that
   people with TTML document can deliver it on the web, using VTT
   if needed, therefore they need a mapping to VTT.
   ... same thing goes for WebVTT if delivery as TTML is needed.
   That's W3C's use case.

   mike: I don't agree that both are necessary or useful. Need to
   understand the need for bidirectional mapping. We may not need
   WebVTT into TTML transformation.

   nigel: any preferences re timing or location for a f2f?

   plh: is the goal to have WebVTT people together?

   nigel: yes

   plh: need to have the charter agreed before choosing f2f -
   seems too early to decide now.

   nigel: I think dsinger is keen to push ahead.

   plh: can shoot for spring for example.
   ... eg Feb or Mar
   ... based on charter.

   nigel: suggests April or May.

   plh: who would host?

   nigel: happy to have volunteers otherwise David and I will have
   to discuss.

TTML WG Liaison from the EBU MIM-XMLSubs Group

   plh: circulated this last week

   nigel: This is the EBU-TT-D draft for comments
   ... [with EBU hat] members can comment by Nov 25
   ... EBU will be happy for comments directly
   ... [with TTWG hat on] suggests that people copy in public-tt
   list if making any comments.

   [36]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2013Nov/0032.
   html

     [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2013Nov/0032.html

AOB

   nigel: believes there's a US holiday next week?

   group decides to postpone next week's meeting

   nigel: next meeting will be Dec 5.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: nigel to send text version of TPAC minutes to
   public list - tracker will then combine the issues and actions
   and associate them automatically. [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-tt-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: nigel to take deliverables of draft charter to
   TAG for scrutiny [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-tt-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: plh to tell mike contact details for proceeding
   with IANA registration [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-tt-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [40]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([41]CVS log)
    $Date: 2013-11-21 16:19:52 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [40] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [41] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11
Check for newer version at [42]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [42] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/rese/resend/
Found ScribeNick: nigel
Inferring Scribes: nigel
Default Present: nigel, Mike, [Microsoft], Plh, mijordan
Present: nigel Mike [Microsoft] Plh mijordan
Regrets: Michael_Jordan Frans_de_Jong Cyril_Concolato Thierry_Michel And
reas_Tai Glenn Adams
Found Date: 21 Nov 2013
Guessing minutes URL: [43]http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-tt-minutes.html
People with action items: nigel plh

     [43] http://www.w3.org/2013/11/21-tt-minutes.html


   End of [44]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [44] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm





----------------------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.

---------------------
Received on Thursday, 21 November 2013 16:32:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:13 UTC