Re: HTML & CSS example

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 10:47:17 -0600
To: Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>
Cc: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
One quick comment, which is that 'vertical-align' property does not apply
to <div/> or other block elements. One has to use either:

(1)

or

(2) use the new CSS3 Box Alignment Module's align-content property [1]:

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-align/#align-content

Note that display-align's {before, center, after} values, correspond to
align-content's {start, center, end} values. In particular, start and end
are used now in CSS to refer to prior and later edges in a manner
independent from the flow axis (block or inline).

I would suggest adopting approach (1) since few UAs support (2) at this
time.