ISSUE-209 (line stacking strategy): Define line stacking strategy? [TTML 1.0]

From: Timed Text Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 22:58:46 +0000
To: public-tt@w3.org
ISSUE-209 (line stacking strategy): Define line stacking strategy? [TTML 1.0]

http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/209

Raised by: Glenn Adams
On product: TTML 1.0

At present, the line stacking strategy (used to interpret line height) is not defined by TTML 1.0. This effectively means that the default XSL-FO line-stacking-strategy of 'max-height' applies. However, this produces different behavior than the CSS interpretation of line height, which, if we want it to apply, means we need to define the default line stacking strategy to be 'line-height'. See XSL-FO Section 4.5 [1] for details.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xsl11-20061205/#area-line

I have marked this issue as applying to TTML 1.0, if we want to address this in TTML10SE; otherwise, we should take it up in TTML.next.