RE: ISSUE-261: signaling docoument profile conformance is separate from decoder presentation requirements [TTML.next]

I assumed a parallel structure to the decoder profile mechanism, but perhaps we don’t need it. I don’t feel strongly.

But we’ll have to answer the same profile document existence and resolvability question we’re discussing in the other thread…

                Mike

From: Glenn Adams [mailto:glenn@skynav.com]
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 9:32 AM
To: Michael Dolan
Cc: Timed Text Working Group
Subject: Re: ISSUE-261: signaling docoument profile conformance is separate from decoder presentation requirements [TTML.next]

Not hard to define in XSD:

<xs:simpleType name="contentProfiles">

  <xs:list>

    <xs:simpleType>

      <xs:restriction base="xs:anyURI"/>

    </xs:simpleType>

  </xs:list>

</xs:simpleType>

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 8:32 AM, Michael Dolan <mdolan@newtbt.com> wrote:

>> we should limit ourselves to defining an attribute only at this point.

The previously stated use case on this list was to be able to signal multiple conforming profiles (e.g. SDP-US and CFF-TT-Text.  This was the originally stated purpose of the choice of the element mechanism in SDP-US. It gets more complex when multiple namespaces are involved. With only an attribute, we’d have to create a URI list syntax, which is awkward.

Regards,

            Mike