Re: Time expressions when ttp:timeBase="media"

Please read the newly posted draft change proposal at
http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal004, which may provide some
answers to your following questions. Also keep in mind the following text
in TTML 6.2.11, which makes it clear that when playRate != 1, then media
time and local real time are not the same.

*Note:
> *When using a media time base, if that time base is paused or scaled
> positively or negatively, then it is expected that the presentation of
> associated Timed Text content will be similarly paused, accelerated, or
> decelerated, respectively. The means for controlling an external media time
> base is outside the scope of this specification.

When operating with either media or smpte time bases, a diachronic