W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > January 2013

TTWG Meeting Minutes, Jan 24, 2013

From: Monica Martin (MS OPEN TECH) <momartin@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:01:12 +0000
To: "'public-tt@w3.org'" <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <5a7e58a9bced497f8d6757f37fec231e@BY2PR03MB059.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
TTWG Meeting Minutes Jan 24
	http://www.w3.org/2013/01/24-tt-minutes.html,text 
	http://www.w3.org/2013/01/24-tt-minutes.html 

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

24 Jan 2013

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2013/01/24-tt-irc

Attendees

   Present
          sean, glenn, mmartin3, Andreas, pal, Thomas_Bause_Mason,
          Plh, Philippe, mijordan

   Regrets
          mike

   Chair
	Sean Hayes

   Scribe
          mmartin3

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]SDP-US
         2. [5]Issues
         3. [6]Second Edition
         4. [7]TTML 1.1.
         5. [8]Adjourned.
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 24 January 2013

   <scribe> scribe: mmartin3

   zakim list attendees

SDP-US

   sean: Few minor editorial issues identified.
   ... Formally move to have the document ratified.

   pal: Add item to agenda on input of Issue-199 impact on SDP-US.

   sean: Pre-requisite to move profile forward.

   pal: Yes.

   sean: SDP-US refer to TTML 1.0 SE.

   Action-137?

   <trackbot> ACTION-137 -- Glenn Adams to add "TTML" to name of
   SDP-US. Link: [10]http://www.w3.org/TR/ttml10-sdp-us/ -- due
   2013-01-17 -- PENDINGREVIEW

     [10] http://www.w3.org/TR/ttml10-sdp-us/

   <trackbot>
   [11]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/137

     [11] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/137

   close action-137

   <trackbot> Closed ACTION-137 Add "TTML" to name of SDP-US.
   Link: [12]http://www.w3.org/TR/ttml10-sdp-us/.

     [12] http://www.w3.org/TR/ttml10-sdp-us/.

   action-138?

   <trackbot> ACTION-138 -- Glenn Adams to delete 2 paragraphs
   after table in Appendix B of SDP-US. -- due 2013-01-17 --
   PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/138

     [13] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/138

   close action-138

   <trackbot> Closed ACTION-138 Delete 2 paragraphs after table in
   Appendix B of SDP-US..

   action-139?

   <trackbot> ACTION-139 -- Glenn Adams to correct font size in
   Example 2 in SDP-US. -- due 2013-01-17 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [14]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/139

     [14] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/139

   close action-139

   <trackbot> Closed ACTION-139 Correct font size in Example 2 in
   SDP-US..

   mmartin3: Minor editorial issues given directly to Glenn.
   ... No issue.

   glenn: Do we need to add editorial nits?

   mmartin3: Yes.
   ... 1. Do we know all the examples parse?

   sean: Examples match schema.

   glenn: Updated examples files in source and used in SDP-US.
   Build will do validation.

   sean: This is sufficient. One error before Example 3
   (brackets).

   mmartin3: Sounds good.

   2. Do we want to reference TTML 1.0 so specifically in some
   text particularly if we have to remap to TTML 1.0 S

   scribe: Assumed roll over to SE on all references.

   glenn: We reference SE too already.
   ... Do we need to delay profile to SE publishes?

   sean: Part of 1.1 if applicable.

   glenn: Note to have a reference to incomplete document?

   plh: Yes.
   ... Reference editorial draft of SE; this is OK.

   mmartin3: Forward looking statement.

   3. Is this considered a requirement?" Style overrides must be
   applied to the result of step 2 [resolve computed styles] of
   [TTML10], Section 8.4.4.4, Style Resolution Process."

   glenn: Normative. Use UC.

   mmartin3: Section 8.2 in SDP-US.

   glenn: Will correct.

   mmartin3: No others.

   Also:
   [15]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10-sdp-us/Over
   view.html#Constrained_TTML_Feature_extent_region

     [15] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10-sdp-us/Overview.html#Constrained_TTML_Feature_extent_region

   We miss in Section 9.

   sean: Was this supposed to be there?

   [16]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10-sdp-us/Over
   view.html#Features_in_TTML_1.0_Used

     [16] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10-sdp-us/Overview.html#Features_in_TTML_1.0_Used

   Link:
   [17]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10-sdp-us/Over
   view.html#mapping-of-us-government-requirements-to-constrained-
   profile-features

     [17] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10-sdp-us/Overview.html#mapping-of-us-government-requirements-to-constrained-profile-features

   mmartin3: Appendix B - originally writingMode-horizontal-lr

   glenn: Will correct.

   mmartin3: No others - all editorial.

   pal: What is impact of Issue-199 to SDP-US? Not really
   Issue-199 in isolation.

   sean: In terms of profile, Mike's concern is where the time
   code math of document is different than media.
   ... Can we say for timing, that they must associate and be
   consistent with the media.
   ... Does that work for the SDP-US?

   pal: SDP-US is impacted?

   sean: Yes.

   mmartin3: Review ends Jan 31 so we can discuss Issue-199.
   ... Forward look to SDP-US.

   pal: May be substantive to SDP-US.

   glenn: There are multiple options that input to any impact
   here.

   sean: Decide whether we need to take out frameRateMultiplier.

   Issue-172?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-172 -- REGION-OF(E) pseudo-code doesn't match
   prose -- open

   <trackbot>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/172

     [18] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/172

   sean: TBD for me and I have some ideas. Raised by Sony
   originally. Deal with Jan 31.

   Issue-199?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-199 -- timeExpression to video frame
   calculation is unclear in some cases -- raised

   <trackbot>
   [19]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/199

     [19] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/199

   Defer until Glenn and Mike are present.

   back to TOPIC: SDP-US

   Defer to get to Issue-199.

Issues

   See above

Second Edition

   Can we move it to 1st Public Working Draft.

   sean: We should do this.
   ... Any objection?
   ... None.

   Resolved to move to First Public Working Draft.

TTML 1.1.

   sean: Handle after we publish SDP-US.

   plh: We are behind.

   sean: Get out draft this month.

   plh: Get SE ready for publication.

   sean: SDP-US nailed Jan 31 and start TTML 1.1.

   plh: Publish SE as as PR or LC draft?

   sean: Depends on Issue-199 and timing issue.
   ... We had discussed moving directly to PR.

   mmartin3: We want to publish Jan 31 SDP-US.

   plh: On road Jan 31 but may join.
   ... Can publish when WG makes a decision.

Adjourned.

   trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]




Thanks. Monica

Monica J Martin
Senior Program Manager
Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc. 
A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation
Received on Thursday, 24 January 2013 17:04:52 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 24 January 2013 17:04:53 GMT