W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > January 2013

RE: TTWG Meeting Minutes Dec 13, 2012

From: Michael Dolan <mdolan@newtbt.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:28:49 -0800
To: <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <01d501cde9e0$2e4a2690$8ade73b0$@newtbt.com>
Sorry to miss today's call.

To clarify the ask from DECE...we are revising our specs this month that reference TTML 1.0.  There are important clarifications and corrections in the 2nd Edition (including the XML schema files).  It is desirable by DECE to reference a published 2nd edition in the updated DECE specs. We really need a *published* 2nd Edition, but the more stable, the better. The dynamic nature of the editor's draft underneath the static URL is definitely not usable.

ACTION-133 was promptly completed some time ago. See attached. Please close Action-133.  But it appears that ISSUE-175 was prematurely closed:
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/175 
as well as ACTION-88 since the media type remains unregistered:
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/88 
I recommend you re-open both of the above until this is all resolved, and maybe create a new action for Glenn to incorporate the proposed edits.

Regards,

	Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Philippe Le Hegaret [mailto:plh@w3.org] 
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 7:44 AM
To: Monica Martin (MS OPEN TECH)
Cc: 'public-tt@w3.org'
Subject: Re: TTWG Meeting Minutes Dec 13, 2012

Here is a slightly better version of the transcript:

SDP-US Publication
------------------

See: http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10-sdp-us/Overview.html

sean: Sent a request to the chairs list.

plh: My mistake - I can not publish.
... Prepare this week.
... Publish Jan 3.

sean: Have Last Call through Jan 31.

plh: Apologize for the issue.
... Will publish as a Last Call document.

<glenn> plh, u will need to update SOTD on doc to reflect status

plh: Will update SOTD.


Second Edition
--------------

<glenn> i will be editing SE over holidays to be ready to publish a LC in Jan

plh: People were to bring issues and resolutions for SE today Dec 13.

<glenn> haven't reviewed mike's input yet

mmartin3: We need to add information from Mike Dolan in SE first because of link to SDP-US.

sean: No other technical issues at this point.

plh: Internal draft by Dec 20 to decide if we publish for Jan 2013.
... Edits necesary by Dec 20.

<glenn> i will attempt to do edits asap

<glenn> but i'm travelling 16-20, and doubt i will have completed by 20th

sean: If done by Dec 20, the review can start Jan 3.
... Likely won't have ready then.
... If document is ready by end of year or Jan 3 we can start review.

mmartin3: Glenn do you agree?

<glenn> i'll try to work on SE on saturday

plh: Publish in mid-Jan goal.

<glenn> mid-Jan goal sounds good

plh: We had an ASK from DECE folks.

<glenn> but i'll work on it on Saturday to get a new ED update out

sean: What is DECE need?

mmartin3: Accessible SE.
... Interest perhaps in a referenceable update.

sean: We only need a stable draft for DECE.

<glenn> btw, there were a LOT of editorial changes on SDP-US, so folks should read carefully

Action-133?

<trackbot> ACTION-133 -- Mike Dolan to create updated template and summary of media type record for Glenn. -- due 2012-12-13 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/133

mmartin3: Glenn can close when he has reviewed the text.
... Folks should review SDP-US given the significant structural changes made by the editor.


TTML 1.0 Issues
---------------

None given


Other meetings?
---------------

<glenn> happy holidays!

No meetings Dec 20, 27.

Adjourn

--
Philippe

On Thu, 2013-01-03 at 14:46 +0000, Monica Martin (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
> I am awaiting the post from Philippe on the Dec 13 minutes. See you at 7 a.m. today Jan 3.
> 
> Summary Notes Dec 13
> ------------------------------
> Chair
>        Sean Hayes
> Present
> 	Pierre, Andreas, Sean, Philippe, Glenn, Courtney, Monica Regrets
> 	Mike
> Agenda:
> 	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Dec/0010.html
> 
> Minutes Dec 6
>        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Dec/0009.html
> 
> TOPIC: SDP-US Publication
> See: 
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10-sdp-us/Overview.html
> Publish Jan 3. LC end Jan 31. Philippe will update SOTD.
> TTWG and other interested parties are encouraged to review revised document.
> 
> TOPIC: TTML 1.0 Second Edition
> Glenn work on document. At the latest we will have document ready by Jan 3.
> DECE is interested in the specification update. They publish 2nd week of Jan (info given Dec 6).
> 
> Action-133
> Glenn will review information sent by Mike Dolan and ask questions as needed.
> 
> TOPIC: TTML Issues
> None given
> 
> TOPIC: Meetings Dec 20 and 27?
> None needed
> 
> Notes Extracted
> --------------------
> [07:04] <mmartin3> zakim, list attendees [07:04] <Zakim> As of this 
> point the attendees have been +49.893.aaaa, mmartin3, +1.408.771.aabb, 
> +1.425.658.aacc, Sean, Plh, mjordan, courtney, pal, glenn [07:04] 
> <mmartin3> Chair [07:04] <mmartin3> Sean Hayes [07:04] <mmartin3> 
> Scribe [07:04] <mmartin3> mmartin3 [07:04] <mmartin3> TOPIC: SDP-US 
> Publication [07:04] <mmartin3> See: 
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10-sdp-us/Overview.html
> [07:04] <mmartin3> sean: Sent a request to the chairs list.
> [07:06] <mmartin3> plh: My mistake - I cannot publish.
> [07:06] <mmartin3> ....Prepare this week.
> [07:07] <mmartin3> ....Publish Jan 3.
> [07:07] <mmartin3> sean: Have Last Call through Jan 31.
> [07:07] <mmartin3> plh: Apologize for the issue.
> [07:08] <mmartin3> plh: Will publish as a Last Call document.
> [07:08] <glenn> plh, u will need to update SOTD on doc to reflect status [07:08] <mmartin3> plh: Will update SOTD.
> [07:08] <mmartin3> TOPIC: Second Edition [07:09] <glenn> i will be editing SE over holidays to be ready to publish a LC in Jan [07:09] <mmartin3> plh: People were to bring issues and resolutions for SE today Dec 13.
> [07:10] <glenn> haven't reviewed mike's input yet [07:10] <mmartin3> mmartin3: We need to add information from Mike Dolan in SE first because of link to SDP-US.
> [07:10] <mmartin3> sean: No other technical issues at this point.
> [07:11] <mmartin3> plh: Internal draft by Dec 20 to decide if we publish for Jan 2013.
> [07:11] <mmartin3> ...Edits necessary by Dec 20.
> [07:11] <glenn> i will attempt to do edits asap [07:11] <glenn> but i'm travelling 16-20, and doubt i will have completed by 20th [07:12] <mmartin3> sean: If done by Dec 20, the review can start Jan 3.
> [07:12] <mmartin3> ...Likely won't have ready then.
> [07:12] <mmartin3> ...If document is ready by end of year or Jan 3 we can start review.
> [07:12] <mmartin3> mmartin3: Glenn do you agree?
> [07:12] <glenn> i'll try to work on SE on saturday [07:13] <mmartin3> plh: Publish in mid-Jan goal.
> [07:13] <mmartin3> ...We had an ASK from DECE folks.
> [07:13] <glenn> mid-Jan goal sounds good [07:13] <glenn> but i'll work on it on Saturday to get a new ED update out [07:14] <mmartin3> sean: What is DECE need?
> [07:14] <mmartin3> mmartin3: Accessible SE.
> [07:15] <mmartin3> ....Interest perhaps in a referenceable update.
> [07:15] <mmartin3> sean: We only need a stable draft for DECE.
> [07:16] <glenn> btw, there were a LOT of editorial changes on SDP-US, so folks should read carefully [07:16] <mmartin3> Action-133?
> [07:16] * trackbot getting information on ACTION-133 [07:16] 
> <@trackbot> ACTION-133 -- Mike Dolan to create updated template and 
> summary of media type record for Glenn. -- due 2012-12-13 -- OPEN 
> [07:16] <@trackbot> 
> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/133
> [07:16] <mmartin3> mmartin3: Glenn can close when he has reviewed the text.
> [07:17] <mmartin3> mmartin3: Folks should review SDP-US given the significant structural changes made by the editor.
> [07:18] <mmartin3> TOPIC: TTML 1.0 Issues [07:18] <mmartin3> None given [07:18] <mmartin3> TOPIC: Other meetings?
> [07:18] <glenn> happy holidays!
> [07:18] <Zakim> -courtney
> [07:18] <Zakim> -Sean
> [07:18] <Zakim> -Plh
> [07:18] <mmartin3> No meetings Dec 20, 27.
> [07:18] <Zakim> -pal
> [07:18] <Zakim> -mjordan
> [07:18] <mmartin3> Adjourn
> [07:18] <Zakim> -glenn
> [07:18] <Zakim> -courtney.a
> [07:19] <mmartin3> trackbot, end meeting [07:19] * trackbot is ending 
> a teleconference [07:19] <@trackbot> Zakim, list attendees [07:19] 
> <Zakim> As of this point the attendees have been +49.893.aaaa, 
> mmartin3, +1.408.771.aabb, +1.425.658.aacc, Sean, Plh, mjordan, 
> courtney, pal, glenn [07:19] <@trackbot> RRSAgent, please draft 
> minutes [07:19] <@trackbot> RRSAgent, bye [07:19] == Sean 
> [~Sean@public.irc.w3.org] has quit ["Page closed"] [07:19] == pal 
> [~pal@public.cloak] has quit ["Leaving"] [07:20] == courtney 
> [~courtney@public.irc.w3.org] has quit ["Page closed"]
> 
> Monica J Martin
> Senior Program Manager
> Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc. 
> A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation
> 
> 
> 
> 



attached mail follows:


Glenn-

 

See attached.  I did this as a Word doc to more easily capture the changes.
I never saw the original IANA filing, and I noticed there were some changes
from TTML 1.0, Annex C.  Philippe should check to see if there's anything I
missed.

 

Also, no one commented by email on my proposal to constrain the XML encoding
to only UTF-8 or UTF-16.   I think permitting binary is a serious problem.
This is arguably substantive, though.

 

Regards,

 

                Mike

 

Michael A DOLAN

TBT, Inc.    PO Box 190

Del Mar, CA 92014

(m) 858-882-7497

 




attached mail follows:


Without external (e.g. TTML) constraints, all encodings defined in the XML RFC are permitted.  As I read the spec, TTML requires a decoder to only support UTF-8 and UTF-16, but does not constrain the authoring (encoding). One might infer that authoring in other than UTF-8 or UTF-16 is ill-advised, but the spec stops short of any normative language.

 

                Mike

 

From: Glenn Adams [mailto:glenn@skynav.com] 
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 8:20 PM
To: Michael Dolan
Subject: Re: redlined TTML Annex C

 

I don't know what you mean by permitting binary.

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Michael Dolan <mdolan@newtbt.com> wrote:

Glenn-

 

See attached.  I did this as a Word doc to more easily capture the changes.  I never saw the original IANA filing, and I noticed there were some changes from TTML 1.0, Annex C.  Philippe should check to see if there’s anything I missed.

 

Also, no one commented by email on my proposal to constrain the XML encoding to only UTF-8 or UTF-16.   I think permitting binary is a serious problem. This is arguably substantive, though…

 

Regards,

 

                Mike

 

Michael A DOLAN

TBT, Inc.    PO Box 190

Del Mar, CA 92014

(m) 858-882-7497

 

 





Received on Thursday, 3 January 2013 18:29:22 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 3 January 2013 18:29:22 GMT