Re: Editorial Issues List for SDP-US FPWD

applied, modulo changes below; see also questions

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 7:02 AM, Monica Martin (MS OPEN TECH) <
momartin@microsoft.com> wrote:

>  We see several minor changes need for the SDP-US.****
>
> ** **
>
> **1.       **SDP-US reference: Section 6.4****
>
> Issue: Both Section 6.3 and 6.4 speak to display-region.  Section 6.3
> identifies requirements for use of display-region.****
>
> Proposal:****
>
> Correct Section 6.4 – change to * #extent-region*. Correct title and
> table reference. ****
>
> ** **
>
> **2.       **SDP-US reference: Section 6.6.2****
>
> Issue: What happens if the fontSize is unsupported? Add a note to what may
> happen.****
>
> Proposal:****
>
> Add a note: “Note: If a specific fontSize is unsupported, a player can
> snap to the next larger fontSize.”

Is "snap" defined somewhere? I don't think so.

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> **3.       **SDP-US reference: Section 7.1.1****
>
> Issue: Doesn’t R0040 actually speak to number of lines in all active
> regions?****
>
> Proposal:****
>
> Change from: No more than four lines of text *must* be selected into a
> region at any given time.****
>
> Change to:  No more than four lines of text *must* be selected into *all
> active* region at any given time.****
>
> ** **
>
> **4.       **SDP-US reference: Section 8.1.2****
>
> Issue: Clarify the R0045 applies to roll-up content only. The requirement
> doesn’t explicitly say that.****
>
> Proposal:****
>
> Change from: Durations (dur) *shall* only be used on the span element.****
>
> Change to:  Durations (dur) *shall* only be used on the span element for
> rollup style content.

Is "rollup style content" defined somewhere? I don't think so.

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> **5.       **SDP-US reference: Section 8.2.1 (and 10)****
>
> Issue: Conflict – The *time-offset-with-frames* feature requires *#subFrameRate
> *feature. We only use *#frameRate* and *#frameRateMultiplier* features.
> The *time-offset-with-frames* was mistakenly included to pertain to the
> hh:mm:ss:ff notation. This is not the case.  The *time-offset-with-frames*pertains to the 100f notation.
> ****
>
> Proposal: ****
>
> Remove *time-offset-with-frames* feature from Section 8.2.1 table and
> Section 10.****
>
> ** **
>
> **6.       **SDP-US reference: Section 8.3****
>
> Issue: Separate content and player for use of *#frameRateMultiplier*. ****
>
> Proposal: ****
>
> Add a note that states: Use of the *#frameRateMultiplier *is optional in
> the document (see Section 10).

I don't understand what "optional in [a] document" means. When a document
specifies a feature is optional or refers to a profile whose feature is
defined as optional, it means that document author does not care whether
the processor supports that feature or not. It says nothing about whether
the feature is used in the document.

> ****
>
> ** 7.       **SDP-US reference: Abstract
>
> **
>
> Issue: Profile uses TTML 1.0. Ensure we acknowledge that boundary.****
>
> Proposal:****
>
> Change from: This interoperability profile is a proper subset of TTML 1.0
> plus features required to support US Government closed captioning
> requirements for online presentation.****
>
> Change to: This interoperability profile is a proper subset of TTML 1.0 *to
> support features required for* US Government closed captioning
> requirements for online presentation.

changed "to support" to "intended to support"

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> **8.       **SDP-US reference: Appendix A.1****
>
> Issue: Updates to fontFamily weren’t reflected in A.1.****
>
> Proposal:****
>
> Change from: The casual, cursive and smallcap styles could be considered
> for addition to <genericFamilyName> expression in a future version of TTML.
> ****
>
> Change to: The casual, cursive and smallCaps styles could be considered
> for TTML 1.1.

Simplified as suggested, but kept "a future version of TTML" rather than
referring to a not-yet-existent version in progress.

Also, removed incorrect use of qualifier "styles", replacing it with "font
families". These are not font styles.

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> **9.       **SDP-US reference: Conformance****
>
> Issue: Add a reference to Error Handling, Section 11.****
>
> Proposal:****
>
> Add this Note in Conformance to Section 11. “Error handling behavior is
> found in Error Handling<http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10-sdp/Overview.html#error_handling>”
> (Section 11).

I'm not sure I understand these instructions. I added a note at the end of
section 1 (not 11).

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> **10.   **SDP-US reference: Global****
>
> Issue: Use smallCaps on all references.****
>
> Proposal:****
>
> c/smallcap or smallcaps/smallCaps****
>
> ** **
>
> **11.   **SDP-US reference: Examples****
>
> Issue: Example numbering is mixed up. Correct Examples 1-4. Example 1 has
> no E000X identifier.****
>
> Proposal:****
>
> Correct example numbering: Example 1 has no E000X.  Example 2-4 have
> incorrect example numbers (i.e. Example 2 is E0001, Example 3 is E0002,
> etc.).****
>
> ** **
>
> **12.   **SDP-US reference: Example correction****
>
> Issue: Background color and color have "named colors" but should be expressed in #rrggbbaa format only.****
>
> Proposal:****
>
> Implement change found here:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Aug/0043.html. Proposed
> by Andrew Tai.****
>
> ** **
>
> Other - Separately, Glenn be listed as editor?

ok, added