From: Glenn Adams [mailto:glenn@skynav.com]
Sent: 12 November 2012 09:24
To: Monica Martin (MS OPEN TECH)
Cc: Timed Text Working Group; Michael A Dolan (mdolan@newtbt.com); Sean Hayes
Subject: Re: ISSUE-180: regions relative to the root container [DFXP 1.0]

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Monica Martin (MS OPEN TECH) <momartin@microsoft.com<mailto:momartin@microsoft.com>> wrote:
For Action-105 for SDP-US, propose to revise R0040 and add a new requirement:

1. Change R0040:
Change from: No more than four lines of text must be selected into all active regions at any given time.
Change to: No more than four visible lines of text must be selected into all active regions.

Note: We had previously agreed to delete "at any given time."

Without the "at any given time" the constraint is not well defined, since it could mean "selected into all active regions over the entire external time interval", which I think is not the intended meaning.

2. Add a new requirement to replace one deleted: R0020 in Section 6.4.2:
Origin and extent of a region MUST be authored not to extend outside of the root container.

Monica