Re: Padding on tt:p and tt:span elements

For the EBU subset of TTML we have to include a change of the padding
attribute in the version 1.0 to meet requirements of our target group.
As understood a change that adresses Issue 168
(http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/168) will be adopted in
TTML earliest in 2013. Nevertheless it would be good that the wording in
the EBU-TT spec is aligned with an expected change in TTML 1.1.

The application of padding to p and span will be specified in the EBU-TT
spec as follows:

"Padding (or inset) space on all sides of a block area generated by a
tt:p element or an inline area generated by a tt:span element.

The padding property shall not be inherited."

It would be great to hear your opinion.

Best regards,

Andreas