W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > February 2012

[Minutes] TTML Agenda for 23/2/12

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 09:12:33 -0700
Message-ID: <CACQ=j+eK4hdkSMiixesNHb9Ek6Xtbtas3c1WbCKcHbjF62sQgw@mail.gmail.com>
To: "public-tt@w3.org" <public-tt@w3.org>
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

23 Feb 2012

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Feb/0025.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Sean, Mike, Frans, Glenn, Philippe, Mark_Vickers

   Regrets
          Goeff

   Chair
          sean

   Scribe
          glenn

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]draft charter (see above)
         2. [6]identified issues
         3. [7]any other business?
         4. [8]adjournment
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 23 February 2012

   <Sean> at [10]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/timed-text-wg-charter.html

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2012/02/timed-text-wg-charter.html

   <scribe> scribe: glenn

   sean: how does charter draft look?
   ... does it cover sufficient scope?

   chart draft at
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/timed-text-wg-charter.html

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2012/02/timed-text-wg-charter.html

   mike: notes tbd in out of scope section

   plh: not needed, can be removed; useful if there is something to
   specify

   mike: propose remove section on out of scope

   sean: happy to remove, objections?

   mike: our intent is to publish notes in advance of revision if
   possible in order to accelerate, suggest saying this in introduction

draft charter (see above)

   mike: would it be good to have a catch all?

   plh: not needed; can have as many wg notes as desired

   sean: will generalize
   ... wants to go to cr by july
   ... question about what to call the revision: 2.0 or 2nd Ed?

   plh: is CR needed? i.e., are technical changes required?

   sean: would like to reserve this as a possibility
   ... but doesn't want to do CR if can be short cutted

   <plh> -->
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#rec-modify
   7.6 Modifying a W3C Recommendation

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#rec-modify

   plh: sean will you provide charter draft revision?

   sean: yes, hopefully tomorrow

identified issues

   ISSUE-152?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-152 -- language in 9.3.3 -- open

   <trackbot> [13]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/152

     [13] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/152

   <plh> -->
   [14]http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-ttaf1-dfxp-20101118/#semantics-reg
   ion-layout-step-2 9.3.3 Synchronic Flow Processing

     [14] http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-ttaf1-dfxp-20101118/#semantics-region-layout-step-2

   sean: intent of change was originally to respond to concerns about
   need for actual use of XSL-FO
   ... can support change to make an umbrella statement covering this

   plh: who will make changes?

   sean: i.e., who will be editor?

   glenn: offers to be editor

   resolved: glenn will serve as editor

   <plh> --> [15]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml TTML Mercurial repository

     [15] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml

   resolved: move cvs ttwg repository to a new ttml repo on repository,
   to have directories for specs, tests, etc

   sean: write access for all WG members

   <scribe> ACTION: glenn to implement migration for repository with
   help from plh as needed [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-42 - Implement migration for repository
   with help from plh as needed [on Glenn Adams - due 2012-03-01].

   <scribe> ACTION: glenn implement edit for issue-152 [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-43 - Implement edit for issue-152 [on
   Glenn Adams - due 2012-03-01].

   <scribe> ACTION: glenn to redirect errata [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-44 - Redirect errata [on Glenn Adams - due
   2012-03-01].

   <plh> --> [19]http://www.w3.org/2010/11/ttml-issues.html TTML 1.0
   errata

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2010/11/ttml-issues.html

   sean: should record new changes in errata document, and maintain in
   parallel

   ISSUE-153?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-153 -- 'metrics' should be changed to 'units' --
   open

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/153

     [20] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/153

   <scribe> ACTION: glenn to effect editorial change on issue-153
   [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-45 - Effect editorial change on issue-153
   [on Glenn Adams - due 2012-03-01].

   glenn: should double check existing usage with metrics vs units to
   ensure consistency with that usage

   ISSUE-155?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-155 -- #metadata-foreign not defined -- open

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/155

     [22] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/155

   sean: propose to remove examples for now, but then review possible
   need for new feature

   <scribe> ACTION: glenn to remove examples as editorial change
   [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-minutes.html#action05]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-46 - Remove examples as editorial change
   [on Glenn Adams - due 2012-03-01].

   issue: is a new #metadata-foreign feature needed?

   <trackbot> Created ISSUE-161 - Is a new #metadata-foreign feature
   needed? ; please complete additional details at
   [24]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/161/edit .

     [24] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/161/edit

   ISSUE-154?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-154 -- Clarify the endsync behavior -- open

   <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/154

     [25] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/154

   trackbot, comment action-46 relates to issue-155

   <trackbot> ACTION-46 Remove examples as editorial change notes added

   sean: changing endsync behavior probably is not editorial change

   andreas: may have some text in annex b in ebu document that
   discusses this issue, will publish a url to ml for review

   <andreas_t_irt> link to the document is
   [26]http://tech.ebu.ch/docs/tech/tech3350.pdf

     [26] http://tech.ebu.ch/docs/tech/tech3350.pdf

   sean: suggests group review in more detail before change

   <andreas_t_irt> it´s in Annex B

   <scribe> ACTION: ttwg to review possible change to default endsync
   (from 'last' to 'all') [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-minutes.html#action06]

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - ttwg

   sean: should complete review by march 8th

   glenn: this may trigger CR for 2nd edition, since this is probably a
   technical change
   ... the issue is whether this is a change in conformance or not

   sean: believes it is not, but would like confirmation from group
   ... may still be right to make change even if it is a conformance
   change

any other business?

   sean: queries plh on process for adding invited experts

   plh: would need to file form, but they should wait for new charter

   <plh> --> [28]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/ieapp/ W3C Invited
   Expert Application

     [28] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/ieapp/

   sean: they can participate until new charter is in place, then need
   ie status

   mike: webinar today on smpte timed text (95% ttml); fyi
   ... will be publicly available

adjournment

   trackbot-ng, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: glenn implement edit for issue-152 [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: glenn to effect editorial change on issue-153
   [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: glenn to implement migration for repository with help
   from plh as needed [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: glenn to redirect errata [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: glenn to remove examples as editorial change [recorded
   in [33]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: ttwg to review possible change to default endsync
   (from 'last' to 'all') [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-tt-minutes.html#action06]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [35]scribe.perl version 1.136
    ([36]CVS log)
    $Date: 2012/02/23 16:06:11 $

     [35] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 23 February 2012 16:13:27 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 23 February 2012 16:13:27 GMT