W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > December 2012

TTWG Minutes Dec 6, 2012

From: Monica Martin (MS OPEN TECH) <momartin@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 23:46:24 +0000
To: "'public-tt@w3.org'" <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <aa9c7050c7254790b6c77692e205244e@BY2PR03MB059.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
See: http://www.w3.org/2012/12/06-tt-minutes.html,text

  [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

06 Dec 2012

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2012/12/06-tt-irc

Attendees

   Present
          glenn, mmartin3, +1.650.458.aabb, pal, Plh, mijordan,
          +1.858.882.aacc, +1.858.882.aadd, mike

   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR
[Philippe]
   Scribe
          Monica

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]iana response
         2. [5]SDP-US
         3. [6]Update on issues reassigned to TTML.next
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 06 December 2012

   <mmartin3> start trackbot, #tt

   <glenn> already started

   <mmartin3> thanks glenn

   <glenn> mmartin3: if you see that RRSAgent, Zakim are already
   joined, then likely someone has already issued the start
   meeting command to trackbot

   <mmartin3> Chair not present

   <mmartin3> Philippe officiating

   <mmartin3> scribenick: Monica

   <mmartin3> c/mmartin3

iana response

   <mmartin3> glenn: Concrete annex in TTML 1.0 SE

   <mmartin3>
   [8]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-df
   xp.html

      [8] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-dfxp.html

   <glenn>
   [9]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-df
   xp.html#concrete-encoding

      [9] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-dfxp.html#concrete-encoding

   <mmartin3> pal: Discuss should vs. shall.

   <mmartin3> glenn: Against SE not SDP-US.

   <mmartin3> plh: What about IANA response?

   <mmartin3> glenn: Can we call it an XML MIME type without a
   requirement on use of XML.

   <mmartin3> ....Question raised by Mike Dolan.

   <mmartin3> plh: Template for media type.

   <mmartin3> glenn: Need to update.

   <mmartin3> plh: Any objections?

   <glenn>
   [10]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-d
   fxp.html#media-type-registration

     [10] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-dfxp.html#media-type-registration

   <mmartin3> glenn: Annex C

   <mmartin3> plh: There were are a series of comments that need
   to be normalized to update the SE.

   <mmartin3> plh: Edit existing template.

   <mmartin3> See:
   [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Nov/0023.
   html

     [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2012Nov/0023.html

   <mmartin3> (thread)

   <mmartin3> mike: Char set was discussed.

   <plh> "In the absence of other requirements, a TTML document
   should be concretely encoded as a well-formed XML 1.0 [XML 1.0]
   document using the UTF-8 character encoding."

   <mmartin3> mike: Should for both XML and UTF-8.

   <mmartin3> glenn: Applies to both.

   <mmartin3> ...Don't want to trigger substantive changes in SE.

   <mmartin3> mike: Be clear with title of Section G.

   <mmartin3> mike: G Specific encodings G.1 XML Encoding

   <mmartin3> plh: Why not update Conformance section instead?

   <mmartin3> glenn: Wouldn't this trigger more than an editorial
   update?

   <mmartin3> c/glenn/plh

   <mmartin3> stet

   <mmartin3> plh: Doesn't matter where it is.

   <mmartin3> glenn: Could put in Conformance section and link to
   G.

   <mmartin3> plh: Make appropriate references in Conformance
   section.

   <mmartin3> ...IANA - point to a version.

   <mmartin3> ...Will reply to IANA and indicate we will reapply
   once we publish SE.

   <mmartin3> mike: Timing?

   <glenn>
   [12]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-d
   fxp.html#common-styling

     [12] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml10/spec/ttaf1-dfxp.html#common-styling

   <mmartin3> glenn: Actions open and new edition with a TBD
   (Appendix N) on styling. Q1 CY 13

   <mmartin3> plh: We should publish now.

   <mmartin3> mike: Use example we have ready

   <mmartin3> ...Publish now.

   <mmartin3> plh: Publish.

   <mmartin3> mmartin3: Agree. We also need to add displayAlign
   feature to be consistent with changes to be included in TTML
   1.0 SE.

   <mmartin3> glenn: Other open issues.

   <mmartin3> Issue-172

   <mmartin3> Issue-173

   <mmartin3> Related to SDP-US and Unicode.

   <mmartin3> plh: Publish after resolution?

   <mmartin3> glenn:

   <mmartin3> Agree.

   <mmartin3> ...14 issues open to 1.0.

   <mmartin3> plh: Prefer to go ahead and publish 1.0 SE.

   <mmartin3> ...Discuss next week.

SDP-US

   <plh> Monica: Glenn did some of the changes related to issues
   @@ and 190

   <plh> ... will take it if offline with Glenn

   <plh> Glenn: ok

   <mmartin3> mmartin3; Editorial changes so we can publish for
   Last Call and notify Chairs.

   <mmartin3> glenn: Wasn't sure how to update editorial.

   <mmartin3> ...displayAlign?

   <mmartin3> ...constrain feature?

   <mmartin3> ...use of center?'

   <mmartin3> mike: No opinion.

   <mmartin3> glenn: Center may not be required.

   <mmartin3> ...not in 608 document perhaps.

   <mmartin3> mmartin3: Also discuss with Sean.

Update on issues reassigned to TTML.next

   <plh> issue-188?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-188 -- Bounding SDP-US rendering complexity --
   open

   <trackbot>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/188

     [13] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/188

   <plh> reassigned to TTML.next

   <plh> issue-184?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-184 -- set animation is not taken is not
   account in the computed style set -- open

   <trackbot>
   [14]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/184

     [14] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/184

   <mmartin3> mike: Proposal to address all open issues that
   affect SDP-US in updates for TTML 1.0 Second Edition. We can
   handle the other issues in a subsequent TTML 1.0 edition or in
   1.1.

   <mmartin3> glenn: Moratorium Dec 15.

   <mmartin3> ..to publish

   <mmartin3> ,,,can we get SE out?

   <plh> "No publications between 14 December 2012 and 2 Jan
   2013."
   [15]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2012AprJun/0093
   .html

     [15] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2012AprJun/0093.html

   <mmartin3> ...internal last call?

   <mmartin3> plh: We don't have time and we need to talk to
   director.

   <mmartin3> ...Get done in Jan 2013 for SE.

   <mmartin3> mike: DECE is publishing second week of Jan so if we
   can get this done by that time.

   <mmartin3> plh: Need internal draft for TTWG by Dec 20; be
   ready with issues and proposals for inclusion of TTML 1.0 SE.
   Start review period around Dec 20. 1st week of Jan we make a
   decision and then publish by the second week.

   <mmartin3> No objections.

   <mmartin3> EVERYONE NEEDS TO HAVE ISSUES W/PROPOSALS FOR TTML
   1.0 SE ON DEC 13.

   <mmartin3> glenn: Will update media section.

   <mmartin3> ...mike will summarize the media type record for
   Glenn.

   <mmartin3> plh: Propose template.

   <mmartin3> action mike create updated template and summary of
   media type record for Glenn.

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-133 - Create updated template and
   summary of media type record for Glenn. [on Mike Dolan - due
   2012-12-13].

   <mmartin3> mmartin3: Last Call timing?

   <mmartin3> plh: Suggest 4 weeks.

   <mmartin3> ...In line with process.

   <mmartin3> ...4 weeks after holiday.

   <mmartin3> ...what is most important?

   <mmartin3> mmartin3: Be ready at same time.

   <mmartin3> ...Can't we publish with the editorial updates?

   <mmartin3> glenn: Resolve displayAlign.

   <mmartin3> plh: Any objections to on publish?

   <mmartin3> mike: No

   <mmartin3> plh: Has to be done by Dec 12.

   <mmartin3> plh: AOB?

   <mmartin3> Adjourned.

   <glenn> trackbot, end meeting

   <mmartin3> trackbot, list attendees

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [16]scribe.perl version
    1.137 ([17]CVS log)
    $Date: 2012-12-06 15:50:51 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.137  of Date: 2012/09/20 20:19:01
Check for newer version at [18]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found ScribeNick: Monica
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching ScribeNick pattern: <Monica> ...
Inferring Scribes: Monica

WARNING: 0 scribe lines found (out of 180 total lines.)
Are you sure you specified a correct ScribeNick?

Default Present: glenn, mmartin3, +1.650.458.aabb, pal, Plh, mijordan, +
1.858.882.aacc, +1.858.882.aadd, mike
Present: glenn mmartin3 +1.650.458.aabb pal Plh mijordan +1.858.882.aacc
+1.858.882.aadd mike

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 06 Dec 2012
Guessing minutes URL: [19]http://www.w3.org/2012/12/06-tt-minutes.html
People with action items:

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2012/12/06-tt-minutes.html


   End of [20]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm



Monica J Martin
Senior Program Manager
Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc.
A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation
Received on Wednesday, 12 December 2012 23:48:34 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 12 December 2012 23:48:35 GMT