RE: Regarding publishing SDP-US as a Note vs Rec

Yes, there are differences in the extent of the profiling, but conversely it would be easy to make an equally extensive application-independent profile.

I guess I don’t feel strongly about which approach we take. But we should come up with a way to ensure the separate documents are easily discoverable – perhaps an informative reference from the core spec or something.

                Mike

From: Glenn Adams [mailto:glenn@skynav.com]
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2012 7:40 PM
To: Michael Dolan
Cc: public-tt@w3.org
Subject: Re: Regarding publishing SDP-US as a Note vs Rec

those profiles are neutral to application, while this one is not; in addition, this one goes beyond TTML into other player environment constraints, e.g., end user style overrides; plus this one is region specific; i'd prefer to segregate the region/application neutral part and its region/application-specific profiles; plus there is an issue of maintenance and versioning, which is harder if they were integrated