RE: Regarding publishing SDP-US as a Note vs Rec

They could be standalone, but still done as part of the v2 push. I think there is a lot of merit in publishing relatively stable documents now for industry to use and get experience with before we put them on a rec process which could delay them by up to a year.

From: Glenn Adams [mailto:glenn@skynav.com]
Sent: 6 Rhagfyr 2012 11:08
To: Monica Martin (MS OPEN TECH)
Cc: Sean Hayes; public-tt@w3.org
Subject: Re: Regarding publishing SDP-US as a Note vs Rec

I think I would object to incorporating profiles into ttml v.next. They should be independent specs IMO.
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Monica Martin (MS OPEN TECH) <momartin@microsoft.com<mailto:momartin@microsoft.com>> wrote:
Glenn,
The intent is to push relevant changes from SDP-US into TTML v.next. The TTWG charter (http://www.w3.org/2012/07/ttml-charter.html) outlines the approach of developing a series of technical notes that feed into v.next.

Monica