From: Glenn Adams [mailto:glenn@skynav.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2012 3:29 PM
To: Timed Text Working Group
Subject: Re: ISSUE-177: Monica: Clarify mandatory processing semantics referenced in Section 3.2.1. Consider whether to use Appendix D, Table E-2.

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Timed Text Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org<mailto:sysbot+tracker@w3.org>> wrote:
ISSUE-177: Monica: Clarify mandatory processing semantics referenced in Section 3.2.1. Consider whether to use Appendix D, Table E-2.

http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/177

This is a catch all (boilerplate) clause that simply means that every statement in the specification that can be reasonably interpreted as a normative requirement on processing semantics must be so interpreted. We are not going to enumerate these cases. That is, enumerating would be equivalent to specifying all assertable requirements in the spec, which is not done in the W3C.

So I would suggest we close this issue and take no action unless someone has a very specific proposal.