Re: Registration of media type application/ttaf+xml

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 21:14:18 -0400
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Cc: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, ietf-types@iana.org, public-tt@w3.org
On Thu, 2010-08-26 at 17:44 -0700, David Singer wrote:
> I would leave the Mac file type code blank, myself.  Or make it a text document (which it is).  We no longer register these, afaik, so...

Hi David,

as far as I know, RFC 4288 indicates:
4.11.  Additional Information

   Various sorts of optional information SHOULD be included in the
   specification of a media type if it is available:
   o  File name extension(s) commonly used on one or more platforms to
      indicate that some file contains a given media type.

   o  Mac OS File Type code(s) (4 octets) used to label files containing
      a given media type.

So, I don't mind one way or another, but it seems to me RFC 4288 needs
to be updated if we're going to drop the usage.