Re: Registration of media type application/ttaf+xml

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 00:44:54 +0200
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Cc: ietf-types@iana.org, public-tt@w3.org, Glenn Adams <glenn@xfsi.com>
* Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
>The following media type registration will be submitted to
>the IESG for review, approval, and registration with IANA (as per [1]).
>
>At this point, we would appreciate comments on this registration
>information.  If you see any problems, please let us know.

The security and interoperability sections must point out that the re-
gistration fails to comply with the RFC 3023 SHOULD-level requirement
for types using the "+xml" convention to have an optional charset para-
meter and its omission permits construction of entities that carry the
parameter that will be processed differently by different components of
a system with possibly harmful or otherwise surprising results.

>This appendix registers a new MIME media type, "application/ttaf+xml"
>in conformance with [1144]BCP 13 and [1145]W3CRegMedia.

>    [1144] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4288.txt
>    [1145] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype.html

This appears to be incorrect; the W3C procedure requires ietf-types
review to occur as part of a Last Call announcement. However, this
appears to be the first mention of this type on ietf-types and the
document is already past the Last Call stage.

>   Person & email address to contact for further information:
>          Glenn Adams (public-tt@w3.org)

This reads as if public-tt@w3.org is Glenn Adams' email address which
it is not.