Re: please rename Timed Text (TT) Authoring Format 1.0 – Distribution Format Exchange Profile (DFXP)

As an informal short name, "DFXP" is fine; however, the official short name
will remain "ttaf1-dfxp" which is encoded in the DFXP namespace URIs. That
having been said, I believe the TTWG will decline to make any change to the
specification's title. For what its worth, you have my permission to use the
informal short name (i.e., "DFXP") and to publicize it on that basis. Or, if
you have something more catchy, give it a try.
I'm not worried about TTAF or TTAF1-DFXP or DFXP, whatever you prefer to
call it, succeeding or failing on the strength of its name. If it fails to
be adopted, it won't be because of its name.

MP3 stands for MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3, which in turn, stands for "Moving
Picture Expert Group Series 1, Audio Layer III" which is formally defined by
"ISO/IEC 11172-3 Information technology -- Coding of moving pictures and
associated audio for digital storage media at up to about 1,5 Mbit/s -- Part
3: Audio". Nowhere in that document does the acronym "MP3" appear, and yet
it is widely known by that term and widely implemented and eminently
successful.

Glenn