real-time javascript captions

From: Geoff Freed <geoff_freed@wgbh.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 11:47:07 -0400
To: "public-tt@w3.org" <public-tt@w3.org>

Of interest to the group:  NCAM has been playing with the delivery of real-time captions over the Web using Javascript.  We've got a test running at  <<link removed by request>>;                                            take a look using any Javascript-enabled browser.   Being a test, the service is sometimes unavailable; if you don't see captions, try again later.  If you test it, please send me a note off-list and let me know what browser (and device, if mobile) you used and if you had any problems.  We're particularly interested in mobile devices;  we've tested on the iPhone/iPod touch but would like to know about others.

Thanks.
Geoff/NCAM