Re: feature review

inline (for a few preliminary comments)

On 5/15/09 8:05 PM, "Sean Hayes" <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have been reviewing the features set, and while I mostly agree with Glennıs
> formulation, I have a few suggested changes. These are based on the principles
> that:
>
> any transformation processor should be required to understand timed text
> completely at the syntactic level,

[GA] what do you mean by ³understand²?

> and that any presentation processor should be able to perform all of the
> timing, and all of the styling mechanics, (but not any specific styling
> properties) necessary in creating a synchronic XSL:FO document.

[GA] what do you mean by ³all of the timing²? are you including animation?
regarding styling mechanics, are you saying that a PP (presentation
processor) that does not support multiple regions must support region style
inheritance?

> for clarity in the features themselves:
>
> I propose #content be added to #structure, as well as the syntactic aspects of
> #layout and #styling and thus required in the transformation and presentation
> profile

[GA] i prefer having the finer granularity definitions; if we want to have
an aggregate feature, e.g., one that includes #structure, #content, etc.,
then we can define a new feature labeling that aggregate;

> I propose #nested-div and #nested-span also be required in transformation and
> presentation profile, (and actually considered part of #content)
> I propose #styling-inheritance-region be required in the presentation profile
> (In fact I propose that all the styling mechanics be rolled up as indivisible
> #styling and required in presentation profile.)
>
> I propose that #attribute be defined to generically replace all of the lines
> of the form:
>      A TT AF transformation processor supports the #X feature if it recognizes
> and is capable of transforming all defined values of X attribute.
>
> With wording:
> A TT AF transformation processor supports the #attribute feature if it
> recognizes and is capable of transforming all attribute vocabulary of this
> specification.
> A TT AF presentation processor supports the #attribute feature if it
> implements all semantic support for attribute value resolution for all
> attribute vocabulary of this specification.

[GA] i donıt understand this proposal; are you proposing a new feature
called ³#attribute² that means all attribute vocabulary in specification? if
so, then such a feature designation seems unuseful;