RE: ISSUE-101 (rollup interval): aribitrary interval for rollup needs justification [DFXP 1.0 (Editorial)]

no problem with the change in wording:

"If the value of this attribute is rollUp, then this value is interpreted as a shorthand value equivalent to out(line,smooth) inter(0.433s).  This time interval is intended to be compatible with "Closed Caption Decoder Requirements for Analog Television," page 792 (http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2005/octqtr/47cfr15.119.htm).

g.

From: Sean Hayes [Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com]
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 9:48 AM
To: Geoff Freed; Timed Text Working Group WG
Subject: RE: ISSUE-101 (rollup interval): aribitrary interval for rollup  needs justification [DFXP 1.0 (Editorial)]

Ok, although rather than 'defined by'; I'd prefer to say 'intended to be compatible with', since we are defining it and we don't want it as a normative reference.

rollup doesn't seem to be defined in EBU3264 or DVB subtitles, so unless Franz or David objects to the US centric nature of this reference, this is fine by me.

Sean Hayes
Media Accessibility Strategist
Accessibility Business Unit
Microsoft