ISSUE-100 (Fill units): No fill unit for content area, and block and inline units not well specified

From: Timed Text Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 06:53:14 -0400 (EDT)
To: public-tt@w3.org

ISSUE-100 (Fill units): No fill unit for content area, and block and inline units not well specified

http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/100

Raised by: Sean Hayes
On product:

In Johns original requirements the concept of block seems to have been be a ‘region-full’ at a time, rather than a timed text or an XSL:FO block. There is no current fill unit that corresponds to Johns idea of filling up the region (or clearing) as much as possible at each fill interval. I propose we remove the “block” fill unit, and replace it with something to indicate using as much as possible of the flow buffer to fill the content area of the region without overflow.

Similarly “inline” (fragment in Johns terms) is not well defined now either, since we have adopted nested inlines.