Re: ISSUE-92 (xml:base): xml:base not included [DFXP 1.0]

The schemas are normative in the sense that we define them as "normative".
They are not normative in the sense of defining validiy of a DFXP document
instance. The text in 4.1 says "validate a SUBSET...". See also the note at
end of 4.1. [If the note is wrong about false negatives, then we need to
tune the schemas to not complain about foreign namespace elements and
attributes.]

Also see Appendix C which says:

"In any case where a schema specified by this appendix differs from the
normative definitions of document type, element type, or attribute type as
defined by the body of this specification, then the body of this
specification takes precedence."

So, in effect, the schemas we publish are not definitive w.r.t. DFXP
validity, which is a decision we made some time ago.

G.