Re: *Last Call* Timed Text document (Review by June 30)

From: Daniel Weck <daniel.weck@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:17:18 +0100
Cc: "public-tt@w3.org TTWG List" <public-tt@w3.org>, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
To: Glenn Adams <gadams@xfsi.com>

On 29 Jun 2009, at 09:14, Glenn Adams wrote:
> the "(or transparency)" is obviously a parenthetical remark, and it
> is obvious that the term transparency itself is not used in a
> normative sense anywhere in the document, here it is an aid to the
> reader

The current text is:

"The tts:opacity attribute is used to specify a style property that
defines the opacity (or transparency) of..."

I think that the following minor alteration removes the ambiguity due
to the use of "or":

"The tts:opacity attribute is used to specify a style property that
defines the opacity (or conversely, the transparency) of..."

This way, the mathematical relationship is immediately apparent and
the reading flow is improved. To me anyway.

Ref:
http://www.w3.org/TR/ttaf1-dfxp/#style-attribute-opacity

> and of course DFXP clearly marks normative vs informative sections,

Yes, I scrolled-up to "2.3 Documentation Conventions" and found the
explanation.

Ref:
http://www.w3.org/TR/ttaf1-dfxp/#conventions

Regards, Daniel