Re: ISSUE-70 (tts:overflow): region background infinite extent [DFXP 1.0]

it does not imply anthing regarding region background, since it does not use
the term "rendering"; i.e., it does not say "region composition, layout, and
rendering";

region composition and layout includes only those aspects of formatting that
affect placement of formatted content, and not rendering only styling, such
as background (or foreground) colors;

i'm not sure what you mean by "initial containing block" here; in XSL FO
terms, what this is saying is that the content-rectangle of the
block-container-reference-area (as generated by tt:region) should be
considered to be unconstrained (in either block or inline progression
directions) for the purpose of performing line breaking (line composition);

so i think perhaps nothing is needed here;