ISSUE-63: tts:dynamicFlow - need to clarify meaning of "logical content position" in B.2 [DFXP 1.0]

From: Timed Text Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 05:08:48 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-tt@w3.org

ISSUE-63: tts:dynamicFlow - need to clarify meaning of "logical content position" in B.2 [DFXP 1.0]

http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/63

Raised by: Glenn Adams
On product: DFXP 1.0

by "logical content position" I had in mind a numbered, logical
sequence of content characters that correspond to the glyphs associated with
glyph areas; the logical position is based on the input character string
order, and not on the resulting (visual) glyph (display) order, so this
sequence is determined prior to bidi processing; I will add normative text
that makes this definition clear; N.B., the notion of logical order versus
visual (or presentation) order is discussed in some detail in [1];

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-charmod-20050215/#sec-LogicalOrder