Re: Look into default values for styling

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 09:35:53 -0400
To: public-tt@w3.org
Section 8.2.3 tts:color
 The initial value of color should be user independent, not transparent,
as initially defined. This will match the initial value of CSS 2.1 and
XSL 1.1 and guarantees that the user sees something if the author didn't
specify a color.

 As a side comment: transparent is not allowed as a color value in CSS
2.1 and XSL 1.1.

8.2.9 tts:fontFamily
 same as above. The initial value "default" doesn't exist in the set of
valid values of font families.

8.2.17 tts:padding
 The initial value is "0", which is not a valid value of length. Ann
numbers must have a unit. I suggest adding "0" as an exception and
allowing it to be used without a unit.

btw, should we consider switching to XSL 1.1 since they fixed some
inconsistencies there [1] ?

Philippe
ACTION-17

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xsl11-20061205/#change10