Re: Alternate syntax for required features.

As a non SMPTE member and xml neophyte I don't wish to take a view :-)

However as an interested party from the point of view of generating (and perhaps parsing) dfxp, what I personally would like to see is some example use of the profile mechanism **within** the current specification. Is it possible to create a minimal set of dfxp features (perhaps that closely match the ccforflash implementation for example) that could be 'termed' dfxp-lite and to declare that within the spec ??

I know that a larger degree of rigidity on the structure of minimal dfxp files would be welcomed by the tv subtitling community from discussions I have had with other parties who lurk... The current dfxp specification allows a wide degree of variation in the structure of dfxp files, all valid and creating similar or identical end results from a rendered perspective, but the variations that are possible is off-putting to those seeking to use dfxp as an interchange standard (for example to replace EBU TR 3264).

With respect,
John

Sent by Blackberry

John Birch | Screen Subtitling Systems Ltd | Strategic Partnerships Manager
Main Line : +44 (0)1473 831700 | Ext : 270 | Office :
Mobile: +44 (0)7919 558380 | Fax: +44 (0)1473 830078
john.birch@screen.subtitling.com | www.screen.subtitling.com
The Old Rectory, Claydon Church Lane, Claydon,Ipswich,IP6 0EQ,United Kingdom

See us at NAB 2009, Las Vegas, 20th - 23rd April, Hall S4 Stand SU 10009

Before Printing, think about the environment