RE: blur function

From: Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 13:11:54 +0100
To: "Glenn A. Adams" <gadams@xfsi.com>, Public TTWG List <public-tt@w3.org>
Interesting for those implementations that have direct access to the pixel buffer after writing text, which is unfortunately not the case in the toolkit I'm using.

But as an FYI, I went back and took a look at using the lower level layers of the toolkit and discovered a way to implement both outline and a blur. The blur is not 100% ideal - however as we don't mandate any specific algorithm, I believe it's good enough to score as an implementation. So assuming XFSI does one too, I think this feature is safe.

Sean Hayes
Media Accessibility Strategist
Accessibility Business Unit
Microsoft