W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > October 2008

RE: Agenda for timed-text telecon 3/10/2008

From: John Birch <john.birch@screen.subtitling.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:25:11 +0100
Message-ID: <4476B296B92A4741A49B0BD0175907009EB92C@sss-uk-ex-02.screen.subtitling.local>
To: "David Kirby" <david.kirby@rd.bbc.co.uk>, <public-tt@w3.org>

David, All,

My apologies, but I'm afraid I can't make the Teleconn...


John Birch

John Birch | Screen Subtitling Systems Ltd | Strategic Partnerships Manager
Main Line : +44 (0)1473 831700 | Ext : 270 | Office :  
Mobile: +44 (0)7919 558380 | Fax: +44 (0)1473 830078
john.birch@screen.subtitling.com | www.screen.subtitling.com
The Old Rectory, Claydon Curch Lane, Claydon,Ipswich,IP6 0EQ,United Kingdom

See us at HD World, New York, October 15th - 16th, Stand 1110

Before Printing, think about the environment

-----Original Message-----
From: public-tt-request@w3.org [mailto:public-tt-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of David Kirby
Sent: 03 October 2008 09:23
To: public-tt@w3.org
Subject: Agenda for timed-text telecon 3/10/2008

Here's the agenda for our telecon on Friday.


Timed-Text WG
Agenda for telecon Friday 3rd October 2008 Time 9.00am Eastern Time,
14.00 UK, 15.00 CH
Duration: 1 hr

1) Procedural matters
   a) Scribe for meeting
   b) telecon time - is 9.00am Eastern Time suitable for all?
   c) next meeting date/time

2) Review action items

3) Membership

4) Implementation chart
   See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2008Sep/0021.html
   a) Are there any other implementations to add?
   b) Owner needed for each implementation
   c) volunteers needed to fill in remaining details

5) Test suite
   a) coverage details (if not already covered by action item 9 in point
2 above)
   b) filling in the gaps

6) Test reporting
   a) Results template needed (derived from the test suite?)
   b) Can we run some initial tests now?

7) Conformance levels/profiles for DFXP
   a) Do we need to develop these or leave this to user groups?

8) Discussion items and errata from Sean's review of the CR document
   a) metadata.
       Why do we need to allow more than 1?
       Should ttm:* elements be children of metadata, or can we get rid
of metadata?
         Should desc be description?
         Volunteers to provide some examples of the metadata

       b) timing.
               i) spec issue. default values for many parameters not
spefified by : xxx
              in particular default timing sematics for region, p and
span are not defined.

            ii) spec issue. reference to SMIL should be S 10.4.1 not

            iii) duration has error in spec (<digit>+)
 : <digit> ( "." <digit>+ )? metric
 : "s"                 // seconds
 | "ms"                // milliseconds
 | "f"                 // frames
 | "t"                 // ticks

               iv) can we make secifying dur and end a validity

       c) style

               i) bidi-override is defined identically to direction -
surely we only need one.

               ii) CEA 708 can specify region borders, but we can't.
               iii) should display apply to region? - cf. Geoff input.

               iv) no example for display align center.
               v) no example for wrapOption = wrap.

               vi) overflow scroll is probably unecessary as it implies
an interaction model.

               vii) lineheight perhaps should apply to div or region.

9) AOB


This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation. Screen Subtitling Systems Ltd. Registered in England No. 2596832. Registered Office: The Old Rectory, Claydon Church Lane, Claydon, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP6 0EQ
Received on Friday, 3 October 2008 12:25:54 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:03 UTC