W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > October 2008

Agenda for timed-text telecon 3/10/2008

From: David Kirby <david.kirby@rd.bbc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 09:23:29 +0100
Message-ID: <48E5D681.4020907@rd.bbc.co.uk>
To: public-tt@w3.org

Here's the agenda for our telecon on Friday.

David


Timed-Text WG
=============
Agenda for telecon Friday 3rd October 2008
Time 9.00am Eastern Time, 14.00 UK, 15.00 CH
Duration: 1 hr

1) Procedural matters
   a) Scribe for meeting
   b) telecon time - is 9.00am Eastern Time suitable for all?
   c) next meeting date/time

2) Review action items
     www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/open

3) Membership

4) Implementation chart
   See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2008Sep/0021.html
   a) Are there any other implementations to add?
   b) Owner needed for each implementation
   c) volunteers needed to fill in remaining details

5) Test suite
   a) coverage details (if not already covered by action item 9 in point 2 above)
   b) filling in the gaps

6) Test reporting
   a) Results template needed (derived from the test suite?)
   b) Can we run some initial tests now?

7) Conformance levels/profiles for DFXP
   a) Do we need to develop these or leave this to user groups?

8) Discussion items and errata from Sean's review of the CR document
   a) metadata.
       Why do we need to allow more than 1?
       Should ttm:* elements be children of metadata, or can we get rid of metadata?
         Should desc be description?
         Volunteers to provide some examples of the metadata

       b) timing.
               i) spec issue. default values for many parameters not spefified by : xxx
              in particular default timing sematics for region, p and span are not defined.

            ii) spec issue. reference to SMIL should be S 10.4.1 not 10.3.1

            iii) duration has error in spec (<digit>+)
duration>
 : <digit> ( "." <digit>+ )? metric
metric
 : "s"                 // seconds
 | "ms"                // milliseconds
 | "f"                 // frames
 | "t"                 // ticks

               iv) can we make secifying dur and end a validity violation?

       c) style

               i) bidi-override is defined identically to direction - surely we only need one.


               ii) CEA 708 can specify region borders, but we can't.
               iii) should display apply to region? - cf. Geoff input.

               iv) no example for display align center.
               v) no example for wrapOption = wrap.

               vi) overflow scroll is probably unecessary as it implies an interaction model.

               vii) lineheight perhaps should apply to div or region.


9) AOB

Adjourn
Received on Friday, 3 October 2008 08:23:52 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 2 November 2009 22:41:35 GMT