Future of Timed Text Working Group

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 11:00:51 -0400
To: public-tt <public-tt@w3.org>

Folks,

we've been struggling with what to do with DXFP 1.0 for quite some time.
As part of [1], here is a proposal to follow up and finish the work:

 http://www.w3.org/2008/01/timed-text-wg.html

The charter is intentionally highly restrictive. Please consider it only
as a starting point. I already got feedback that some folks would like
to modify substantially some of the features provided by DXFP 1.0, such
as rollup, in order to align it better with smilText. In order to do so,
we will need to include those in the scope section of the charter and
agreed on those. So, feedback on this is welcome until the end of May.

Regards,

Philippe
[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/video-activity.html