From: public-tt-request@w3.org [public-tt-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Glenn A. Adams [gadams@xfsi.com]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 4:57 PM
To: Philippe Le Hegaret; public-tt@w3.org
Subject: RE: beginEnd002: par timeContainer and child with no duration

My answer is

> 3- all paragraphs will end at 20 (and begin at their respective times)
> because at least one of the children has a resolved duration

Which is the same as Sean's first response (not his "correction").

At present, the spec explicitly dictates the following for this example:

(1) per 7.1.3, body has an implied timeContainer="seq"
(2) per 7.1.4, div has an implied timeContainer="par"
(3) per 10.4 bullet 1, div has an implied dur="indefinite"
(4) per 10.2.4, each p has an implied timeContainer="par"
(5) per 10.4 bullet 1, each p has an implied dur="indefinite"
(6) per 10.4 bullet 1, each anonymous span has an implied
dur="indefinite"
(7) per 10.4 and smil2 10.4.1 (by reference), the simple duration of
each element below is its implicit duration, except for the last p which
specifies an active duration, i.e., both begin and end;
(8) per 10.4 and smil2 10.4.1 and 10.4.2 (by reference), the implicit
duration of a par time container is controlled by its endsync value,
with a default value of endSync="last" applying to par (since DFXP does
not explicitly support specification of endsync);
(9) per 10.4 and smil2 10.4.1 and 10.4.2 (by reference), the implicit
duration of a seq time container ends with the active end of its last
child;

Given the above, we can derive the following:

* implicit duration of Nth p in example is [N,20)
* implicit duration of div in example is [0,20)
* implicit duration of body in example is [0,20)

So, what should appear from the following example (according to the
spec) is:

# 00:00:00

This test counts from 0 to 10 in 10 seconds.
0

# 00:00:01

This test counts from 0 to 10 in 10 seconds.
0
This test counts from 0 to 10 in 10 seconds.
1

# 00:00:02

This test counts from 0 to 10 in 10 seconds.
0
This test counts from 0 to 10 in 10 seconds.
1
This test counts from 0 to 10 in 10 seconds.
2

# adds two lines each second until
# 00:00:10

This test counts from 0 to 10 in 10 seconds.
0
This test counts from 0 to 10 in 10 seconds.
1
This test counts from 0 to 10 in 10 seconds.
2
This test counts from 0 to 10 in 10 seconds.
3
This test counts from 0 to 10 in 10 seconds.
4
This test counts from 0 to 10 in 10 seconds.
5
This test counts from 0 to 10 in 10 seconds.
6
This test counts from 0 to 10 in 10 seconds.
7
This test counts from 0 to 10 in 10 seconds.
8
This test counts from 0 to 10 in 10 seconds.
9
This test counts from 0 to 10 in 10 seconds.
10

# 00:00:11

[...]
This test is over.

# ... continues as above until
# 00:00:20
# when all content is removed

Behalf Of Philippe
> Le Hegaret
> Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 5:44 AM
> To: public-tt@w3.org
> Subject: beginEnd002: par timeContainer and child with no duration
>

> We currently have the test beginEnd002 as follows:
> [[
seconds.<br/>0</p>
seconds.<br/>1</p>
seconds.<br/>2</p>