RE: TextAlign002 and use of textAlign on span elements

OK...

So in fact, <p> elements do have the 'visual' effect of a CRLF (by
virtue of creating stacked line areas) even though no CRLF occurs within
the line area.

so

would give the same 'visual' effect as:

What I'd like to distribute in DFXP is text that had the following
visual presentation characteristics.
Where the two sentences are aligned respectively against the left and
right 'margins' (region boundaries).

"This text is left.       This text is right."

This is because it is quite desirable to have...

"Hey Joe!                    Yes Fred?"

...type of subtitles within fast moving dialogue... the alignment
corresponds to speaker location on screen.
[In a Teletext subtitle presentation, this can be achieved using the
cell based nature of Teletext and the nature of a fixed width space
character.]

regards,

John