From: public-tt-request@w3.org [mailto:public-tt-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Geoff Freed
Sent: 08 December 2008 14:09
To: public-tt@w3.org
Subject: caption/subtitle discussion on ogg accessibility list

there has been some debate over what text-display format to support initially, and the group seems headed toward support of SubRip (srt).  i've expressed concern that doing so might initially limit the usefulness of ogg captions/subtitles, and have lobbied for the inclusion of dfxp from the beginning, rather than waiting until after srt support has been established.  you can see my comments in the archives.

g.