From: Sean Hayes [mailto:shayes@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 12:15 PM
To: Johnb@screen.subtitling.com
Cc: Glenn A. Adams; public-tt@w3.org
Subject: RE: Timed Text Authoring Format - Distribution Format Exchange
Pr ofile (DFXP) Streaming

John, I think you exemplify exactly the kind of person I mean. You read
the spec, pretty carefully in fact, and you made some assumptions that
turned out incorrect - as many reasonable people are likely to do.

As you say, probably only a handful of people are ever going to read the
XSD in detail and two of them are on this thread. So if it is wrong,
then it needs to be labeled as such in big letters. If we provide short
cuts to understanding, then in my opinion they need to be right.

I'm actually struggling to remember why meta had to come at the start in
any case, especially if there can be more than one. It seems like an
unnecessary restriction to me and just makes life complicated.

I think there are cases where you want to be able to use meta attributes
and cases where you want meta elements, so we do need to support both.

  _____