RE: Coments - last call draft (design forward first?)

From: Glenn A. Adams <gadams@xfsi.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:02:00 -0500
To: "Al Gilman" <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>, <public-tt@w3.org>
Cc: "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@sidar.org>

Thanks Al, this is useful input. I am drafting a longer response on the
issue of defining UA Behavior that I expect to send this evening or
tomorrow. However, in the mean time, I want to point out that it was NOT
a requirement for AFXP or DFXP that it be delivered to a user agent. In
particular, the system model for TTAF does not include a user agent;
rather, it posits a subsequent transformation process to an actual
distribution format that is wedded to a UA. At the same time, neither
AFXP nor DFXP are precluded from direct distribution, nor from direct
presentation by a UA; on the other hand, the task of defining such a
usage was not included in the requirements, and is, at present,
considered to be largely out of scope for the current chartered work.

Regards,
Glenn