W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > October 2004

Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 08/05/04

From: Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:45:13 +0200
To: <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-Id: <20041019074514.DE48A4F4D9@homer.w3.org>

Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 08/05/04

Attendees

  Glenn Adams (XFSI, Chair, Scribe) [GA]
  Dave Singer (Apple) [DS]
  Mike Dolan (invited expert) [MD]
  Geoff Freed (WGBH/NCAM) [GF]
  Erik Hodge (RealNetworks) [EH]
  Thierry Michel (W3C) [TM]

Regrets

  Sean Hayes, Microsoft (SH)
  David Kirby (BBC) [DK]
  Dick Bulterman (CWI) [DB]

************************************************************************
1. XBC Input
************************************************************************

[GA] Had asked for volunteers to review [2].

[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Binary/2004/07/UseCases/xbc-use-cases.html

[MD] Responded at [2].

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004Aug/0000.html

[MD] suggests following requirements:

* flatten in time (i.e., compile SMIL time structure down to flat info)
* retransmit style/header information
* fragments (sub-documents)
* cumulative, following access units need to augment info from previous

Action: [GA] to generalize and clearly articulate [MD] feedback on XBC
with TT-AF structured timing as use case, then send to WG for review
prior to forwarding to XBC.

************************************************************************
2. Russ Wood Proposal - Audio Description Related
************************************************************************

[GA] Russ Wood sent a proposal [3] for adding "fade control" and "pan
control" styles via a special category of styling for Main Program
Modification.

[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004Aug/0001.html

[GA] These seem to be more applicable to a containing, multimedia
envelope, e.g., SMIL.

[MD] Wonders if there is more background to proposal from recent AAF
meeting on subtitling matters.

Action: [GA] To respond to Russ that this may be out of scope for TT-AF,
since it appears to apply metadata to audio streams at a higher level.

************************************************************************
3. Issues Database
************************************************************************

[GF] Issue #1 - multiple paths to region definition. Added possible path
4 via role attribute.

[GA] Thinks this is an instance of path 1 via style rule. Suggests that
resolution should either be governed by decision of what it means to
have a single E mapped to multiple regions: does it mean pick one region
only or does it mean copy E into each region.

Resolution: If content element E is associated with multiple regions,
then its content should be flowed into each region separately using
the combining rules and flow rules in force.

[GF] Issue #31 - block in inline. Proposes to support in main profile,
but not DFX profile.

Resolution: support block content in inline content in main profile,
but not in DFX profile.

[EH] Continuing work on #10 and #13.

************************************************************************
4. Next F2F Agenda Planning
************************************************************************

[GA] Priority for group should be to publish draft containing at least
DFX profile.

[GA] From previous telecon action item, have agenda item to verify
resolution for not supporting hybrid flow model.

************************************************************************
5. Action Item Review
************************************************************************

Action: [GA] Put this on agenda for next F2F to verify, but in mean
time proceed with specification based on this resolution.

Done.

Action: [EH] To update item #13 to reflect support for repeat events.

Done.

Action: [EH] Provide use cases in TT context for priority class attr
usage.

Work in progress.

Action: [SH] To elaborate use cases for audio embed usage.

Awaiting feedback.

Action: [GA] to post request to reflector, and esp. ask Mike Dolan to
review if possible.

Done. See above.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
START SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*** RESOLUTIONS ***

Resolution: If content element E is associated with multiple regions,
then its content should be flowed into each region separately using
the combining rules and flow rules in force.

Resolution: support block content in inline content in main profile,
but not in DFX profile.

*** NEW ACTION ITEMS ***

Action: [GA] to generalize and clearly articulate [MD] feedback on XBC
with TT-AF structured timing as use case, then send to WG for review
prior to forwarding to XBC.

Action: [GA] To respond to Russ Wood that this may be out of scope
for TT-AF, since it appears to apply metadata to audio streams at a
higher level.

*** OPEN ACTION ITEMS ***

Action: [EH] Provide use cases in TT context for priority class attr
usage.

Action: [SH] To elaborate use cases for audio embed usage.

*** OPEN ISSUES ***

See Issue DB.

*** Upcoming Meetings ***

Aug 12, 2004 telecon is canceled - GA will be in transit.

Normal telecon schedule.
Sep 14-16, 2004 - Amsterdam, NL (CWI)

*** URIs ***

[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Binary/2004/07/UseCases/xbc-use-cases.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004Aug/0000.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004Aug/0001.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
END SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Received on Tuesday, 19 October 2004 07:45:16 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 2 November 2009 22:41:29 GMT