W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > March 2004

Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 01/08/04

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 14:54:45 +0100
To: <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <001001c405de$15bc3130$1302010a@wistiti>

Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 01/08/04

Attendees

  Glenn Adams (XFSI, Chair, Scribe) [GA]
  David Kirby (BBC) [DK]
  Mike Dolan (invited expert) [MD]
  Thierry Michel (W3C) [TM]

Regrets

  Erik Hodge (RealNetworks) [EH]
  Geoff Freed (WGBH/NCAM, scribe) [GF]
  Sean Hayes, Microsoft (SH)

Absent

  Dave Singer (Apple) [DS]

************************************************************************
Draft Agenda
************************************************************************

1. F2F Reminders

   [1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TTWG0104/
   [2] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/tp2004/

2. Input from David Pawson Re: TT-AF-1-0-REQ

   [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004Jan/0000.html

3. Update of Metadata Draft

   [4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004Jan/0002.html

4. Open Action Review

************************************************************************
1. F2F Reminders
************************************************************************

[GA] reminds members to register for upcoming F2Fs.

************************************************************************
2. Input from David Pawson Re: TT-AF-1-0-REQ
************************************************************************

[GA] thinks this is talking about extrinsic text/content referencing,
which is handled by R205.

[GA] a new scenario probably isn't needed; should be handled by S003
"Generic Timed Text"

Action: [GA] to request clarification from David Pawson on intent of
comment.

************************************************************************
3. Update of Metadata Draft
************************************************************************

[TM] new update removes "empty" metadata element usage.

[MD] notes that we need to support sufficient metadata to map to
MPEG-4 Part 17 (Timed Text).

[MD] will assist [TM] with view of providing input on specific metadata
items to standardize.

************************************************************************
4. Open Action Review
************************************************************************

Action: [GF] Will send hotel info to [TM] within the next few days
for Feb F2F.

Done.

[GA] Describes hotels (with prices for full/double size bed for 4
night stay from 03-Feb to 07-Feb) recommending,  in order:

 * Charles Hotel [5] ($239/night)
 * Inn at Harvard [6] ($139/night)
 * Sheraton Commander [7] ($115/night)

A somewhat more distant but easily accessible hotel is the Marriott in
Kendall Square [8] near to MIT which is just next to Red Line Subway.

[5] http://www.charleshotel.com/
[6] http://www.theinnatharvard.com/
[7] http://www.sheratoncommander.com/
[8] http://marriott.com/property/propertyPage/BOSCB

Action: [GA] to package above comments for review by TTWG, then
send to commenters once accepted.

[GA] Will complete this later today.

Action: [GA] incorporate agreed changes into TT-AF-1-0-REQ in
preparation for publishing final W3C Note.

[GA] Will complete this by next week.

[GA] Other action items reviewed but no activity to report.

************************************************************************
7. Next Meetings
************************************************************************

01/15/04 - Telecon
01/22/04 - Possibly No Meeting - GA will be traveling
01/29/04 - Telecon
02/04/04 - F2F - WGBH, Cambridge
02/05/04 - F2F - WGBH, Cambridge
02/06/04 - F2F - WGBH, Cambridge

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
START SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*** RESOLUTIONS ***

*** OPEN ACTION ITEMS ***

Action: [SH] Will investigate use of media queries in this context and
report back.

Action: [DS with help of Paul Nelson and Peter Lofting] Write RFC to
register appropriate opentype/truetype font types as MIME media types,
suggest model of "application/font-<font-type-name>", e.g.,
"application/font-truetype".

Action: [GA] Make proposal regarding use of Xlink vocabulary or
"src" attribute.

Action: [GF] Investigate whether to use IRIs instead of URIs?
Note: XPointer and Namespaces in 1.1 use IRIs?

Action: [SH] Investigate use of "role" vs "class" attribute.

Action: [GA] Investigate selection of non-TT vocabulary for
application of style/timing semantics.

Action: [GA] and [GF] Investigate mechanism for cascading
semantics and whether to support cascading on either or both
logical and presentation flowed vocabularies.

Action: [GA] to package above comments for review by TTWG, then
send to commenters once accepted.

Action: [GA] incorporate agreed changes into TT-AF-1-0-REQ in
preparation for publishing final W3C Note.

Action: [SH] will review and propose subset of aural parameters
(see R305).

Action: [GA] to request clarification from David Pawson on intent of
comment.

*** OPEN ISSUES ***

Issue: Whether to use XLink vocabulary, e.g., as used consistently by
SVG, or use "src" attribute as apparently will be done in XHTML2?

Issue: Whether to use IRIs instead of URIs? Note: XPointer and
Namespaces in 1.1 use IRIs?

Issue: Should we use "class" instead of "role"?

Issue: Probably want to permit in logical content mode the selection of
content based on generic XML features of non-TT namespace descriptive
markup, e.g., for applying style and timing semantics, in which case an
appropriate TT container element shall be implied based on nearest
ancestor TT namespace element.

Issue: Need to think about cascading semantics; how to express, how to
apply, etc. Possibly use CSS semantics here as well.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
END SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Thierry MICHEL
W3C/ERCIM
Received on Tuesday, 9 March 2004 08:55:33 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 2 November 2009 22:41:28 GMT