Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 12/04/03

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 18:07:11 +0100
To: <public-tt@w3.org>

Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 12/04/03

  Glenn Adams (XFSI, Chair) [GA]
  Erik Hodge (RealNetworks) [EH]
  Geoff Freed (WGBH/NCAM, scribe) [GF1]
  Thierry Michel (W3C) [TM]
  David Kirby (BBC) [DK]

  Dave Singer (Apple) [DS]
  Sean Hayes, Microsoft (SH)
  Mike Dolan (invited expert) [MD]

  Brad Botkin (WGBH/NCAM, Invited Expert) [BB]
  George Kerscher (Daisy) [GK]
  Gerry Field (WGBH/NCAM, Invited Expert) [GF2]
  Markku Hakkinen (JSRPD) [MH]
  Markus Gylling (Daisy) [MG]

* Review F2F meeting plans.
* Review TT-AF specification development

New Business

February F2F: [GF1] has arranged for meeting rooms at WGBH in Boston, MA
USA for Feb. 4-6 meeting.  Will send hotel info to [TM] within the next
few days.

[GA] will reschedule June f2f for Tokyo.

TT-AF specification development: Initial draft deadline is 12/15/03.

[TM] has sent metadata draft to the group Web site.  Please review.

[GF1] has started writing examples for style module.

EH is getting started on timing module.

[GA] is making progress on content module.

[DK] is starting work on descriptive vocabulary/section R221.  [GA]:
suggests use ID and IDREF attributes to indicate character, scene,
shot, etc.  Might want to organize info in a manner similar to TEI
section on typeset for drama; perhaps TEI is a source for other

Further discussion on R221: [GA]: TT-AF should define speicific
i.e., make a reference to metadata that describes an actor, for
example.  We'll need metadata for this entity.  Need descriptive markup
for specific characteristics that will need to be defined in metadata.
Should we adopt existing language or write our own?

[DK]:  Unsure, will research.

[TM]:  Need hosting elements for our data.

[GA]:  Perhaps look at MPEG-7 vocabulary.

[TM]:  Will look at MPEG 7; will coordinate with [DK].

ADJOURNS at 1300h Eastern Time (US)
Thierry MICHEL