W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > August 2004

Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 07/29/04

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:20:18 +0200
To: <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <001001c48c41$12348050$0300000a@wistiti>


Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 07/29/04

Attendees

  Glenn Adams (XFSI, Chair, Scribe) [GA]
  Erik Hodge (RealNetworks) [EH]
  Sean Hayes, Microsoft (SH)
  David Kirby (BBC) [DK]
  Dave Singer (Apple) [DS]

Regrets

  Dick Bulterman (CWI) [DB]
  Mike Dolan (invited expert) [MD]
  Geoff Freed (WGBH/NCAM) [GF]
  Thierry Michel (W3C) [TM]

************************************************************************
1. Applicative versus Inline Flow Assignment
************************************************************************

[GA] Review email [1] on whether to support hybrid flow assignment.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004Jul/0033.html

Tentative Resolution: Do not support hybrid flow specification; either
use applicative or inline but not both.

Action: [GA] Put this on agenda for next F2F to verify, but in mean
time proceed with specification based on this resolution.

[GA] Discussed validation options. Need to determine whether there is
capability of expressing constraints on long distance relationships;
think that this will be difficult or impossible in RNG. May need to
either (1) specify multiple schema drivers, where author chooses driver
based on whether applicative or inline flow assignment is used,
or (2) specify using non-schema-validatable constraints in spec.

************************************************************************
2. Issues Review
************************************************************************

[EH] Describes update to items #10 (priority class attributes) and #13
(event support).

[GA] Asks about repeat events. It appears from R403 (and minutes of
telecon of 2003-07-03) that we have already agreed to support
repeatCount and repeatDur timing attributes.

Action: [EH] To update item #13 to reflect support for repeat events.

Action: [EH] Update timing module draft to reflect support for
repeatDur and repeatCount attributes.

[EH] Describes priority class attribute semantics.

Action: [EH] Provide use cases in TT context for priority class attr
usage.

[EH] Queries about audio object support and possible relation to <excl>.

[GA] Thinks audio is just a style property (e.g., play-during) as we
have thus far considered.

Action: [SH] To elaborate use cases for audio embed usage.

************************************************************************
3. Possilble Input to XBC WG
************************************************************************

[GA] Asks for volunteers to review [2]. No takers.

[2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Binary/2004/07/UseCases/xbc-use-cases.html

Action: [GA] to post request to reflector, and esp. ask Mike Dolan to
review if possible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
START SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*** RESOLUTIONS ***

Tentative Resolution: Do not support hybrid flow specification; either
use applicative or inline but not both.

*** NEW ACTION ITEMS ***

Action: [GA] Put this on agenda for next F2F to verify, but in mean
time proceed with specification based on this resolution.

Action: [EH] To update item #13 to reflect support for repeat events.

Action: [EH] Provide use cases in TT context for priority class attr
usage.

Action: [SH] To elaborate use cases for audio embed usage.

Action: [GA] to post request to reflector, and esp. ask Mike Dolan to
review if possible.

*** OPEN ISSUES ***

See Issue DB

*** Upcoming Meetings ***

Normal telecon schedule.
Sep 14-16, 2004 - Amsterdam, NL (CWI)

*** URIs ***

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
END SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thierry MICHEL
W3C/ERCIM
Received on Friday, 27 August 2004 14:21:09 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 2 November 2009 22:41:29 GMT