W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > August 2004

Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 06/17/04

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:15:28 +0200
To: <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <000301c48c40$4ec5adb0$0300000a@wistiti>


Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 06/17/04

Attendees

  David Kirby (BBC) [DK]
  Erik Hodge (RealNetworks) [EH]
  Glenn Adams (XFSI, Chair, Scribe) [GA]
  Geoff Freed (WGBH/NCAM, scribe) [GF]
  Sean Hayes, Microsoft (SH)
  Thierry Michel (W3C) [TM]

Regrets

  Dick Bulterman (CWI) [DB]
  Mike Dolan (invited expert) [MD]
  Dave Singer (Apple) [DS]

************************************************************************
1. review style draft update from [GF]
************************************************************************

[GF] described update to style module draft at [1].

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004Jun/0028.html

Action: [GF] change <prop style:...> to <style tts:.../>.

Action: [GF] change style names to match schema

Action: [GF] create animated SVG examples as necessary

Action: [GA] add direction attribute to styling attribs module; but
need to discuss in next F2F.

************************************************************************
2. review styling and styling-attribs RNC schema modules from [GA]
************************************************************************

[GA] reviews draft RNC styling module, RNC styling attribs module, and
full profile example at [2].

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004Jun/0022.html

Issue: whether to support minimal style elt with ref attribute to
get indirected style definigion?

Issue: whether to support tts:content style property?

Issue: how to resolve duplications of names when creating a union
of styles via style inclusion mechanism (i.e., use attribute)?

Issue: can use attribute reference multiple elts?

Issue: how might default regions interact with applicative styling?

Issue: consider eliminating one or attrs for referencing style or
group; at present there are: ref, use, and style attrs.

[GA] @use is potentially generic or requires contextual constraints;
e.g., its possible use with content elements is problematic if multiple
qualfiying elements may be refereced, such as styling, animation,
transforms, behavior, etc.; this is why I chose to rewrite @use as
@style on content elts, but left @use inside of <styling> since the
context is clear there.

[SH] suggests eliminating @use inside of <styling> and use @style
instead
since there may be need to reference more than style or group of styles
in @rule in future.

[GA] concurs.

Tentative Resolution: back out use of @use inside <styling>, changing
to @style.

************************************************************************
3. discuss reduced styling features in DFXP
************************************************************************

not discussed due to lack of time

************************************************************************
4. plan agenda for upcoming F2F
************************************************************************

[GA] quickly reviews expected attendees: GA, TM, SH, GF, DB; by phone:
EH, possibly DK.

[EH] has conflict on Tues from 9-11 pacific, but will call in otherwise.

[DK] will try to call in if time zone permits.

[GA] will schedule anything for which we need [DK] in early morning
session.

[SH] what time to start [on tuesday]?

[GA] 9AM

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
START SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*** OPEN ACTION ITEMS ***

Action: [SH] Will investigate use of media queries in this context and
report back.

Action: [DS with help of Paul Nelson and Peter Lofting] Write RFC to
register appropriate opentype/truetype font types as MIME media types,
suggest model of "application/font-<font-type-name>", e.g.,
"application/font-truetype".

Action: [GA] Make proposal regarding use of Xlink vocabulary or
"src" attribute.

Action: [GA] Draft new requirement on "Integrability"
in general terms that should not impact testing or implementation
requirements.

Action: [GA] incorporate agreed changes into TT-AF-1-0-REQ in
preparation for publishing final W3C Note.

Action: [SH] will review and propose subset of aural parameters
(see R305).

Action: [GA] Add figure showing logical structure anticipated
by requirements.

Action: [GA] Add note to R217 and R219 that shows use of data: URI
scheme.

Action: [SH] to propose subset with extensions for use in CS
Profile.

Action: [GF] investigate syntax for regions vis-a-vis style.

Action: [DK] To write up short paragraph on uses of
role tokens. Suggest removing or adding as he
progresses.

Action: [TM] to propose and define standard MD attributes. N.B.
Awaiting further discussion by WG.

Action: [DK/MD/TM] Formulate recommendation on specific and general
MD features.

Action: [GA] Need to start planning for September meeting in Japan!

Action: [SH] to draft standard ready text for subset of xquery.

Action: [DS] Based on email of 01/14, integrate with fillBehavior as
described in example.

Action: [*] For module owners, start developing test suite documents
that have feature tests in all necesary context, and no superfluous
context. Follow-on for primary spec editor will be to incorporate
fragments from these cases, but that will be subsequent to publishing
first internal draft of integrated spec.

Action: [GA] Will review XSL properties and send email on difference.

Action: [TM] Follow up with CWI AC rep to ensure submission of
participation agreement.

Action: [GF] change <prop style:...> to <style tts:.../>.

Action: [GF] change style names to match schema

Action: [GF] create animated SVG examples as necessary

Action: [GA] add direction attribute to styling attribs module; but
need to discuss in next F2F.

*** OPEN ISSUES ***

Issue: Whether to use XLink vocabulary, e.g., as used consistently by
SVG, or use "src" attribute as apparently will be done in XHTML2?

Issue: Probably want to permit in logical content mode the selection
of content based on generic XML features of non-TT namespace
descriptive markup, e.g., for applying style and timing semantics, in
which case an appropriate TT container element shall be implied based
on nearest ancestor TT namespace element.

Issue: Need to think about cascading semantics; how to express, how to
apply, etc. Possibly use CSS semantics here as well.

Issue (2004-03-05): Whether to allow block as immediate child of
inline? N.B. XSL-FO does allow this. [GA] showed example of renmoji
(horizontal block in vertical Japanese lines).

Issue (2004-06-17): whether to support minimal style elt with ref
attribute to get indirected style definigion?

Issue (2004-06-17): whether to support tts:content style property?

Issue (2004-06-17): how to resolve duplications of names when
creating a union of styles via style inclusion mechanism (i.e., use
attribute)?

Issue (2004-06-17): can use attribute reference multiple elts?

Issue (2004-06-17): how might default regions interact with
applicative styling?

Issue (2004-06-17): consider eliminating one or attrs for referencing
style or group; at present there are: ref, use, and style attrs.

*** Upcoming Meetings ***

Jun 22-24, 2004 - Mt View, CA (Microsoft)
Sep 14-16, 2004 - Amsterdam, NL (CWI)

*** URIs ***

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004Jun/0028.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2004Jun/0022.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
END SUMMARY
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thierry MICHEL
W3C/ERCIM
Received on Friday, 27 August 2004 14:15:40 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 2 November 2009 22:41:29 GMT