W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > May 2003

Minutes - 05/15/03 Telecon

From: Glenn A. Adams <glenn@xfsi.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 09:28:17 -0400
Message-ID: <7249D02C4D2DFD4D80F2E040E8CAF37C03BA44@longxuyen.xfsi.com>
To: "W3C TT Public" <public-tt@w3.org>


Minutes of TT WG Teleconference on 05/15/03

Attendees

  Glenn Adams (XFSI, Chair, Scribe) [GA]
  Erik Hodge (RealNetworks) [EH]
  Geoff Freed (WGBH/NCAM, Invited Expert) [GF1]
  Mike Dolan (invited expert) [MD]
  Thierry Michel (W3C) [TM]

Regrets

  Dave Singer (Apple) [DS]
  Markku Hakkinen (JSRPD) [MH]
  Markus Gylling (Daisy) [MG]

Absent

  Brad Botkin (WGBH/NCAM, Invited Expert) [BB]
  Gerry Field (WGBH/NCAM, Invited Expert) [GF2]
  Patrick Schmitz (Ludicrum, Invited Expert) [PS]
  George Kerscher (Daisy) [GK]

************************************************************************
Preliminaries
************************************************************************

GA apologizes for not getting agenda out; he has been traveling and
unable to access email for past few days.

************************************************************************
Agenda
************************************************************************

1. Status of TT-AF-1-0-REQ
2. F2F Planning

************************************************************************
1. Status of TT-AF-1-0-REQ
************************************************************************

TTWG requirements document has been published on the W3C TR page:
http://www.w3.org/TR/.  GA has implemented all items discussed in the
last teleconference.

Need to add a section describing differences between 
timed text and SMIL.

GA will take a first swipe at turning the requirements doc 
into a specification.

EH:  Has looked at animation requirements with Eric Hyche 
and is awaiting feedback.

GA:  David Kirby/BBC will be joining TTWG.  Asks TM if request was
received and processed.

Action: TM to check on BBC participation request.

GF:  how long is requirements-doc review process?

GA: up to working group.  could be put through last call, or could be
posted as a note.  most documents go through last-call process.  will
discuss at meeting in june.

TM:  four weeks is standard for last-call review.

************************************************************************
2. F2F Planning
************************************************************************

GA: will start putting together agenda items.  all members should
send in items for discussion.

TM:  there are five registrants for june meeting.

GA:  MG will probably also join, although he is not yet registered.  
BB will not be attending.

************************************************************************
ADJOURNS at 1230h Eastern Time (US)
************************************************************************
Received on Thursday, 22 May 2003 09:28:22 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 2 November 2009 22:41:26 GMT