RE: TTAF metadata

I am not entirely sure what you mean by orthogonally here, my main concern
is that TTAF does not preclude the use of Rights information. Rather, I
would advocate that TTAF makes a strong positive statement regarding the
inclusion of Rights information in TTAF files.

with respect to:

> [and from Glenn]
> >Please propoes specific meta data items and their value syntax and
> >semantics to serve the needs you feel are important.

> [and from Al]
>
> Please don't ask people for specific syntax in comments on a
> requirements
> document, unless they feel that there is a specific
> requirement for that
> specific syntax.

> The requirement should be to provide a defined way to include
> general RDF,
> as measured at the model level, not any given syntax.

<SNIP>

I am certainly not qualified to suggest which of any number of schemes for
inclusion of Rights information would be appropriate. I suggest that given
the desire to make TTAF applicable across a broad range of text based
activities, choosing a single scheme would NOT be the correct approach to
take. I would not advocate for example the enforcement of ONLY RDF.

This seems to be a common theme...

http://www.w3.org/TR/SMIL2-AuthExt/

see. 4.3 Metainformation Module

regards John Birch.