ANSI/NISO Z39.86-2002 Specifications for the Digital Talking Book

From: George Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:39:49 -0700
To: <public-tt@w3.org>

Hello,

Thought this group meeds to be aware of the specifications for Digital
Talking Books. We have mentioned the DAISY standards before,
www.daisy.org. . The current recommendation is DAISY 2.02, but all
future developments are focused on DAISY 3, which is an ANSI/NISO
Z39.86-2002 standard. You can learn more at:
http://www.loc.gov/nls/z3986

Best
George

We havementioned the DAISY standards and this is the specification that

George Kerscher, Senior Officer, Accessible Information
Recording For the Blind & Dyslexic (RFB&D)
http://www.rfbd.org
Project Manager to the DAISY Consortium
http://www.daisy.org
Chair Open eBook Forum (OeBF)